Mutual of Omaha is looking to add a Marketing Specialist to our Emerging and Strategic Solutions division! In this role, you will participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of marketing strategies and programs for all products and services sold through the division, with an emphasis on retirement and 401(k) plans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manages the development of creative assets and campaigns, define creative strategy, and usher assets through compliance review to completion
- Coordinates execution of small and large virtual and in-person events, from pre-event planning, in event support, and after event follow-up
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project schedules and tracks the progress of the project to assure deadlines are met. Maintains files and documentation of each project.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans, which include identification of target markets, product messaging, costs, and projected sales. Assists in designing evaluation methods for each marketing plan.
- Develops and maintains communication vehicles for each marketing campaign, providing regular communication to internal teams to keep all team members aware of progress and issues.
- Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external clients to provide ongoing marketing program communication, coordination of efforts during the course of a project, and to meet any other miscellaneous needs of the client.
- Works closely with Brand Management/Marketing Communications, Marketing Support Services, and other internal areas to ensure appropriate communications, to manage variations to the marketing project plan including resource issues, changes in specs, budget variances, and changes in deadline.
- Participates on project teams for implementing marketing projects to ensure project objectives including budget and profit objectives are attained. Assists plans and coordinates cross-functional work teams, providing support to the entire team.
- Provides assistance as needed to help complete the section’s projects.
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising, and insurance practices
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Strong oral communication skills and analytical ability
- Ability to provide creative input and ideas to meet department needs
- Effective written communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proficient use of computer software programs which may include: Publisher and other Microsoft Office applications
This job posting is reflective of the Associate Marketing Specialist’s essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Specialist level has variable essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine the level of placement within the posted job family.
- Experience in event/campaign coordinating; ability to plan many events at the same time under strict deadlines.
- Education and/or experience in the areas of marketing, advertising, and public relations.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules, and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate, and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on people’s lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged feel a sense of belonging and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.