News Revenue Hub
Starting salary: $70,000 per year
Location: Remote (Permanent)
The News Revenue Hub is looking for a task-motivated Audience Development Project Manager to organize and execute our custom audience development work. This person will work closely with our member newsrooms to size up their audience development needs and to execute strategies that set them up for spectacular results.
This role is 50% task-master and 50% creative audience-development strategist. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in the audience and/or product development roles in a newsroom and has demonstrable abilities to enthusiastically manage multiple projects at once. This role will be the first full-time hire for a growing audience and product development team at the Hub.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage an organization’s full experience at the Hub, beginning with onboarding and then throughout the audience teams full project cycle
- Keep track of multiple projects with their accompanying metrics, milestones, timelines, task lists, and budgets
- Create and execute custom audience development strategies for newsrooms.
- Host meetings and training with newsroom stakeholders, taking notes and keeping consistent meeting logs
- Have a finger on the pulse of developments taking place in the industry, including in technology, UX, and fundraising inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with our newsrooms
- 3+ years of newsroom experience in audience development and/or product management roles
- Fluency with Google Analytics required; experience with Parse.ly and other analytics suites preferred. Additional experience with Google Data Studio, advanced Excel, and Tableau also preferred.
- You are a positive and strong communicator (verbal and written) and understand how to keep team members informed
- You have strong planning and organizational skills; project management certification not required but a plus
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and dont shy away from tough conversations when required to get the job done
- You are entrepreneurial, good at managing your time and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of project management software, such as Basecamp, a plus
About News Revenue Hub
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news outlets develop stronger business models. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and membership and donor development.
We work with over 60 news organizations and have had the opportunity to work on projects with big impact. Our approach to sustainability is holistic and we work closely with editors and audience strategists as we do with membership officers and fundraisers.
News Revenue Hub works with news organizations to implement fundraising models, automate time consuming processes, conduct experiments, adopt best practices, and more. Our mission is to help newsrooms achieve financial sustainability and take on the heavy lifting so our members can focus on what they do best: producing high quality journalism.
About the Team
The Hub is a fully remote operation built on communication, transparency, trust and respect. This role will be shaped by the News Revenue Hub team and incorporate feedback and lessons learned from our members. Your day to day work will likely include:
- Interfacing with journalists, editors, and C-Suite executives representing our member newsrooms
- Training newsroom staff on best practices related to newsletter and product development, SEO, social media, analytics, and more
- Setting up analytics and reports for member newsrooms
- Working alongside the Sr. Audience Development Director to come up with new strategies to help our member newsrooms grow
We understand that you may not have direct experience in all of these areas. In fact, our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including journalism, technology, nonprofit management and the humanities sector. But we do ask that applicants have demonstrated experience working in journalism. Additionally, we value an openness to learning and collaboration.
Benefits of working at the Hub include:
- 100% remote team with post-pandemic potential travel
- Full health benefits (medical, dental vision). The Hub pays 80% of your premium, 50% of any dependents.
- 401k plan with match
- Home office stipend and cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work hours with a generous vacation policy
- Life insurance
The deadline to apply is November 30, 2020.
All applications should be submitted through the link in this job posting. If youre interested in this position but arent sure if your background is the perfect fit, please still apply. The Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply. This application will remain opened until filled but we will begin reviewing applicants by November 2, 2020.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!