We are building a platform for equity – join us! We’re looking for a full stack engineer to join our core team. As our 2nd developer and 3rd FTE hire, you’ll have a major role in shaping our vision, strategy, culture, product, and code.
Avela is a platform for organizations and governments to run markets to equitably allocate resources and opportunities.
Our mission is to more equitably and efficiently distribute opportunity. We believe the right person in the right position will change the world. And similarly, the right opportunity or school for the right individual could change their live.
Our clients use our tool to match individuals to these opportunities. Examples include assigning students to schools, graduate students to fieldwork, medical residents to hospitals, patients to treatments or doctors, employees to teams, consultants to clients, volunteers to projects, etc. Before Avela, these opportunities were allocated through a combination of manual processes, spreadsheets, and trial-and-error – rife with implicit bias and questionable outcomes.
Learn more at avela.org.
We are a passionate team of entrepreneurs, engineers, economists, and data scientists – get to know us at avela.org/team.
The Avela platform is a web dashboard that uses Nobel Prize winning algorithms to equitably allocate opportunity given a set of preferences and configuration. We’re expanding our capabilities to offer a set of algorithms for various use cases, and to leverage machine learning to infer preferences and recommend matches.
We are an early-stage startup looking for our second engineering member, and can only consider candidates with 4+ years of experience at this time. We offer higher equity and a lower salary than a larger company.
As the second technical hire, you have an opportunity to influence the vision of the product and culture we are creating together. Come build something out of nothing with us!
- Develop groundbreaking software: Establish the technical architecture and guidelines for a scalable application. Develop the back-end and front-end of the first MVP with your preferred stack.
- Explore product-market fit: Explore product-market opportunities and co-create products with our customers. We’ll work directly with our customers in early pilots to build early prototypes and MVPs. We’ll constantly iterate and expand our base until we’ve landed on a groundbreaking product that we can sell to thousands of school districts and impact millions of students.
- Partner to grow our customer base and delight our customers: Help promote and sell our products, including joining or leading sales conversations, developing and leading customer demos, helping to create product marketing collateral, and more. Offering technical support for our customers. Until we grow our customer success team, we’ll need help from the entire engineering team to support our customers with technical issues.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!