Changing the way we interact with the built environment
Avvir is solving some of the toughest problems in construction by providing detailed, reliable analytics of progress and quality for large construction projects. We are looking software developers to join our highly collaborative team.
Avvir is out to change the way we interact with the built environment. We create and continuously update a digital replica of buildings that serve as the building’s system of record. We do this by comparing the 3D design models (known as BIMs) that are created at the outset of a building’s construction to laser scans of the ever changing reality. During construction this enables stakeholders to identify construction errors and monitor progress in real time. And once a building is occupied, we enable that digital twin to serve as a platform for the internet of things, integrating data from hundreds of connected sensors in a common data environment.
We value and practice outcome over effort, common decency, passion for the work, and respect for personal lives. We are headquartered in New York City and have 19 employees. We have diverse backgrounds, encourage collaboration and teamwork, and cheer each other on. We work on an East Coast (US) schedule and are currently fully remote.
In less than 12 months we’ve gone from $300k in ARR to $1.4m.
We just completed a round of funding.
Our current customers love us. We have a 100% conversion rate from our pilot engagements over the last year.
- An engineer with at least two years of professional development experience?
- A self starter who loves to learn, mentor, and work collaboratively?
- Excited about pair programming and TDD?
- Eager to solve hard problems?
- Interested in having a say in the product you are building?
If so, then Avvir may be the right fit for you. You’ll be creating interactive 3D graphics tools, 3D geometry and image analysis, reporting workflows, and third party integrations.
1) Work closely and often pair with other developers to build the product.
2) Promote practices and patterns that improve our ability to deliver value.
3) Collaborate with product and design team to find the best path for delivering value. We are relentlessly focused on creating a great service. On a balanced team, everyone is responsible for respecting the expertise of others, but also sharing their expertise and contributing to the direction of the product.
How we work:
We keep tasks small and purpose focused with clear acceptance criteria so we can better manage and understand risks. We test-drive our code so that it’s easy to understand and change. We pair up about 15 hours/week to facilitate learning, to write better code, and to reduce knowledge siloing. Also, it’s fun!
We are always working on improving the way that we work, and every week we reflect and consider ways we could be doing things better.
Our tech stack
Experience with all of them is not necessary. We are looking for engineers who are eager to learn and happy to work full stack.
1) Apply here with your resume
2) 30 minute phone call to find out about your background & what you are looking for
3) Short online technical assessment (approx 30 minutes)
4) Pairing test (1 hr 15 minutes)
5) System Design interview (1 hr 30 minutes)
There is no whiteboarding. Our interview process matches the way we work as closely as we can.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!