The individual will function in a support role to the Business Development department. The individual must be able to understand and interpret technical requirements, provide technical information verbally and in written form, and develop relationships with potential clients within the Government and Defense Sector.
● Assist the Business Development team by providing technical and commercial information to current and potential customers verbally and in written form.
● Interpret customer needs, assess requirements, and identify solutions.
● Develop relationships by communicating and interacting with current and potential customers.
● Manage the entire proposal development lifecycle:
● Navigate activities pertaining to Requests for Proposal or Information (RFP/RFI) (i.e., engage technical disciplines, create templates, compile draft responses, etc.)
● Draft win-themes, proposal strategy approaches
● Generate proposal response calendars including milestone dates, review meetings, proposal development, and final proposal submission
● Perform RFP reviews, breakdowns, analyses, and create specific internal assignments
● Create writing outlines to ensure compliant and comprehensive proposal responses
● Manage internal proposal section development with subject matter experts
● Develop compliant, customized, comprehensive, and responsive technical proposals reflecting customer-specific themes
● Lead strategy, status, and review meetings
● Write original text/tables, proof, edit, and re-write all sections and documents as needed to ensure accuracy, consistency of message, and RFP compliance
● Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identify sales opportunities
● Update job knowledge by studying new product offerings / capabilities by gaining hands on robotics experience and participating in educational opportunities.
● BS in Engineering or Related Technical Field
● Business development or technical/engineering experience.
● Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
● Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
● Collaborative partner with excellent communication and presentation skills
● Ability to thrive in a non-routine work environment and adapt well to changing conditions.
● Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs suite of software.
● Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Great to Have:
● Have a passion for robotics and technology
● Familiarity with aerial drones or robotics