Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Full-Time Clinical Intake Assessor for a remote position in Houston, TX.
The Clinical Intake Assessor is responsible for working within the utilization review and admissions team to screen potential admissions and determine an appropriate level of care for chemical dependency treatment. The Clinical Intake Assessor will ensure documentation and compliance within the admissions processes, financial processes, and Foundation policies.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8a – 5p
- Assess and identify chemical dependency treatment needs through complete psychosocial, educational, developmental and behavioral assessment of functioning of potential clients being referred to chemical dependency treatment
- Complete clinical assessment using DSM V criteria and/or ASAM criteria.
- Complete initial authorization for inpatient and outpatient treatment services.
- Ensure patient receives appropriate level of care to meet the needs of patient.
- Interface closely with the medical staff, fellow department heads and administration, treatment team, and managed care organizations.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of chemical dependency disorders and apply/utilize appropriate treatment interventions.
- Assess, direct, and intervene in crisis situations.
- Facilitate referrals to outpatient treatment services.
- Assume personal responsibility for excellent customer service.
- Respond to telephone inquiries from persons seeking chemical dependency and behavioral health related services.
- Work closely with management team to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Document calls and related information on Intake form and enters data into computer system
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possess strong knowledge of use, abuse and treatment of illicit drugs and addiction
- Ability to respond to individuals with patience, empathy, and understanding
- Experienced working in a remote healthcare environment
- Must be willing and able to work weekend, if necessary or required in crisis situations
- Ability to work in a remote/tele-mobile environment
- Have strong knowledge and experience in crisis intervention and/or case management services. Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of ASAM criteria required.
- Strong knowledge of insurance, Medicaid and state funding admissions criteria and timing.
- Experience and capable in assessing client needs and identifying appropriate resources for client development.
- Present a positive, customer service oriented, and professional image.
- Possesses good oral and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Experience in working with diverse population.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including MS Outlook calendar.
- Good ethical and business standards.
- Ability to lead by established goals and objectives.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Human Services, or related mental health field required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in direct care within a chemical dependency or psychiatric facility required
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in crisis intervention and/or case management services required
- One to Two years of experience in completing psychiatric and chemical dependency related evaluations within psychiatric or substance abuse facilities preferred
- LPC or LCSW required
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!