About our stack and team:
Our customers, both instructors and students, interface with our services through our React (TypeScript, NextJS, Apollo, GraphQL) web-app backed by Firebase services. As a full stack engineer, you will play a critical role in developing our services, making architectural decisions, and ensuring the security and scalability of everything we build. You will tackle complex engineering problems in a small team working alongside Coastline’s founders who have built the service from the ground up. We deploy code multiple times a day so the work you do this morning could improve someone’s life this afternoon.
- Have a high level of autonomy to work on our React/NextJS web application
- Take concepts and ideas to production and improve the product experience for our customers
- Be one of the first non-founder engineers at a high-growth startup, with long-term career growth opportunities
- Collaborative by nature – you like to give input and ask for it, too
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Someone who loves interesting challenges and thrives in a startup environment
- Committed to learning and self-improvement
- Detail-oriented to maintain standards while working on a small team
- A supportive, collaborative work environment
- Encouragement to learn new things, make mistakes, and improve your skills
- A healthy work-life balance – people first means family first
- Freedom and flexibility to let your creativity and enthusiasm for helping rid the world of car crashes flourish
- 3+ years of experience with React
- 2+ years with TypeScript
- 5+ years with any programming language
- Some experience with NextJS, even on personal projects
- Bonus: Experience with Apollo, GraphQL, Google Cloud, Firebase RTDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cypress, Jest
- Full time, salaried position
- Coastline is 100% remote by design
- Includes paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits
- Salary dependent on experience
How to apply:
Apply with your resume or portfolio. Include GitHub links and side projects when possible. And please let us know why helping rid the world of car crashes is important to you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Our hiring process
- 10-15 minute code exercise
- 30 minute call with co-founder & CTO
- 45 minute technical call with peer engineer
- Reference and background checks
Our commitment to people
We have three core values at Coastline, in this order:
- People First
Equality and diversity is part of our People First core value. It’s everyone’s job to ensure that we create an open, caring and inclusive workplace for everyone qualified and motivated to help us end car crashes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. That means that we support diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!