COMMUNITY BUILDING & COMMUNICATIONS ANALYSTABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource – its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa’s abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognised by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019’s most innovative company in Africa for ”remaking education for a new era”. As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen before.ABOUT THE ROOM
The Room is the worlds first talent agency for ambitious, mission-driven professionals. Just like superstar athletes have agents that work alongside them to build great careers and achieve phenomenal success, The Room partners with the worlds doers by providing access to hidden opportunities that fuel their ambition and accelerate their impact. Our aim is to grow The Room’s membership to 10-15 million of the world’s most talented people and work with them to achieve their full potential while catalyzing collaborations that will transform the world. The main benefits of working for The Room are:
YOU WILL THRIVE AT THE ROOM IF…
- A chance to make history: Become part of the team who is developing 3M leaders for Africa and help us convert a potential crisis into an era of global innovation & prosperity
- A powerful network: Join our powerful network of thousands of talented individuals who are living impactful lives across industries and geographies
- Professional development: Get access to the learning programs that made us the most innovative company in Africa for remaking education for a new era
- A talented & diverse team: Join a group of top performers coming from across the world and work alongside them in a fast-paced, impact-driven, environment
- Autonomy & empowerment: Enjoy the autonomy of working remotely and be empowered to achieve clear and ambitious goals in an outputs-driven organization
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
JOB MISSION & GOALS
- Get exposed to opportunities that enable you to grow personally and professionally.
- Gain experience in design
- Build your event planning and management skills
- Work with a diverse team of innovative and dedicated doers
- You will be part of a global movement that will create transformational impact.
The mission of this job is to build an actively engaged community of the worlds most talented Young Professionals, enabling them to discover and pursue their personal goals and connect with each other to create greater impact together.
Some of the jobs goals and activities are:
- To be primarily responsible for communication efforts with our members as well as developing/supporting our member engagement events and initiatives.
- Ensure continuous development and implementation of the communication strategies for our different platforms.
- Updating all community databases and media lists
- Design community building member experiences with other team members.
- Deliver exceptional member events/ programming.
The hiring manager, Leila, wants to tell you more about the roleJOB REQUIREMENTS
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a communications related field. Experience working with tools like Mailchimp and Hubspot is preferred but is not mandatory.
- You are proficient in working with Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills: you can effectively communicate in English
- You have an ability to plan your work and meet all deadlines:
- Accuracy and attention to detail: You pay close attention to all of the small particulars when working on a task or project.
- Interpersonal skills: You can work well with others.
- Critical Thinking: You can objectively analyse and a problem in order to form a judgement.
- Restless excellence: You continuously strive and aim for excellence in your work
- Passionate: You love what you do
- Innovativeness and creativity: You have a tendency to use your imagination to create or introduce something new or different in any situation
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job 😉
Would you like to join us as we work hard, have fun and make history?