Building sustainable businesses for content creators
We’re looking to add an experienced Data Engineer to our small but growing Data team at Mediavine. If you enjoy implementing solutions to improve data quality, building scalable data pipelines, and live and breathe all things data, we encourage you to apply!
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
As a Data Engineer at Mediavine, you will be helping build and maintain our data infrastructure. Specifically, you’ll be building scalable data pipelines, managing transformation processes, and ensuring data quality and security at all steps along the way. This will include writing and maintaining code in Python and SQL, developing on AWS, and selecting and using third-party tools like Rundeck, Metabase, and others to round out the environment.
- Create ETL (yes, actually ELT) flows that pull from internal and external sources into our Snowflake data warehouse.
- Structure data to enable internal and external facing analytics.
- Build or implement tooling around data quality, governance and lineage.
- Work with DevOps engineers to deploy, scale and monitor data infrastructure.
- Support the Engineering teams’ data needs to enrich and improve product offerings.
- Enable product and engineering team analytics efforts.
- Must currently live in the United States.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- 2+ years experience writing Python.
- 4+ years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Understanding of API calls and data management principles.
- Familiarity with a modern data warehouse stack (snowflake, google, azure, etc).
- Experience with ETL and stream processing (Kafka, kinesis).
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.
- Salary: $115k-130k
Mediavine has been an internet publisher since 2004. We own and operate The Hollywood Gossip, TV Fanatic, Movie Fanatic and Food Fanatic.In 2013, when Food Fanatic was launched and our relationship with bloggers began, we learned we werent alone in our frustrations with the way most ad management is run. Since then we’ve teamed up with almost 8,000 publishers to create frustration-free advertising experiences, with a focus on site speed, SEO, and innovative industry growth.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!