The Development Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the overall operations of the Donor Team, including direct supervision of 1-2 staff overseeing the organizations membership processing, gift entry, prospect research, Bloomerang database and administrative support. The Development Operations Manager will work closely with the Operations and Data Teams to ensure the Donor Teams reporting, database integrity, and overall systems remain organized and in sync with the rest of the organizations CRM and data systems.
The successful candidate will be curious, driven, organized and a firm believer in the importance of quality data and systems management. This position interfaces with key stakeholders such as the team, donors, partners, and advisors; you should be happiest diving into database work but also, at baseline, a people person. This position reports directly to MVPs Senior Philanthropic Advisor.
- Works closely with Senior Philanthropic Advisor in creating and implementing development operation procedures, policies and strategies
- Manages day to day operations for fundraising team, including for full and part time staff members (data entry, reporting, and gift processing) and outside consultants and/or vendors using discretion and independent judgment
- Act as a bridge between the Donor Team and Operations/Data: Manage and complete ongoing data reports for import/export to and from MVPs other data systems and dashboards
- Responsible for MVP data administration (Bloomerang) and for ongoing and meticulous management of Bloomerangs donor database, records and reporting
- Assures integrity of data and records, deleting duplicate records, appropriate coding etc.
- Oversee MVP gift acknowledgement processes
- Train other staff members on the use of Bloomerang
- Manage and resolve fundraising database issues by effectively managing relevant aspects of the database support process in close coordination with the Operations and Data Teams
- Constantly reevaluate and improve the procedures around ensuring the quality of Bloomerang data, including but not limited to reconciliations with the Operations and Data Teams
- Maintaining content and data for all development materials including direct mail appeal, campaign-specific solicitation, and acknowledgement materials
- Assists with prospect research
- Works closely with Finance Team on bank deposits and account reconciliation
- Acts as the jack of all trades for the Donor Team: Assumes additional administrative responsibilities as requested and needed to support the department and the organization
Must- Have Qualifications:
- Experience with Bloomerang (preferred) or other CRMs, and with Google Suite
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
- Ability to train and answer questions from non-technical users
- Eagerness to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to meet deadlines independently and manage time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work successfully with diverse audience, i.e. staff, management, volunteers, donors, and vendors
- Strong attention to detail and keen ability to step back and find granular errors in complex data reports
- Self-starting demeanor: Experience working with multiple teammates with an understanding of prioritizing self-defined deadlines. Eagerness to learn and become the expert on whats needed for database maintenance and accurate reporting
- Commitment to MVPs mission of supporting work at the intersection of grassroots organizing and electoral politics to build a progressive decade
- Basic understanding of U.S. electoral politics and current social movement landscape
- Experience with online fundraising platforms and donor databases/CRMs
Compensation and hours:
This is a salaried position with a base salary between $50,000-$65,000 with full benefits, commensurate with skills and experience. This is a full-time, fully remote position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Development Operations Manager.