About Together for Girls
Digital Communications Officer
Remote International Candidates Encouraged to Apply
About Together for Girls
Together for Girls is a global public-private partnership working to break the cycle of violence, with special attention to sexual violence against girls. Together for Girls partners include several private sector organizations led by BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), six UN entities (UNICEF, WHO/PAHO, UNAIDS, UN Women, UNFPA, and the UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence Against Children), the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children, the U.S. Government (U.S. Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the CDCs Division of Violence Prevention and USAID), and the Government of Canada.
Working closely with national governments, our model focuses on contributing across three pillars of action:
- National surveys to document the magnitude, nature, and impact of physical, emotional, and sexual violence against children;
- Evidence-based, coordinated policy and program actions in countries to address issues identified through the surveys; and
- Global advocacy and public awareness efforts.
The Together for Girls partnership, established in 2009, has grown exponentially, and is now active in over 20 countries, contributing to results across multiple Sustainable Development Goals. We are demonstrating that with the leadership of governments, the strong technical expertise and advocacy platforms of Together for Girls partners, and a comprehensive multi-sector approach for implementation, progress toward breaking longstanding cycles of violence is achievable.
The partnership is supported by a small secretariat team of eight staff members, primarily based in Washington, D.C. Together for Girls is interested in candidates who are based in regions where the partnership works, especially Latin America and Eastern and Western Africa; however, candidates based in any other country outside of these regions are also encouraged to apply.
The Together for Girls secretariat team is a small, nimble, highly collaborative group of people deeply committed to the cause of ending violence against children and lifting up survivors voices. To learn more, visit www.togetherforgirls.org.
The Digital Communications Officer will be an integral part of Together for Girls communications team of four, working under the supervision of the Director of Communications and working closely with the Senior Communications Officer and Communications Associate. The Digital Communications Officer will oversee our digital strategy and implementation. This person will lead Together for Girls in strengthening our existing online platforms and expand upon the digital work so that Together for Girls can more efficiently and effectively engage with the global community and diverse audiences.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee digital strategy:
- Build upon, expand, and reinvent Together for Girls digital strategy to stay current and ensure we are reaching our global audiences.
- Work with the communications team on the editorial calendar, helping to proactively identify opportunities and ensure our digital channels align with our messaging priorities.
- Social media management:
- Manage Together for Girls social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) daily.
- Create and share social media toolkits with partners for key moments.
- Develop and manage Together for Girls online community.
- Track conversations and trends, and identify opportunities for engagement and thought leadership.
- Direct paid promotions across channels.
- Website management:
- Manage Together for Girls website using WordPress, including routine updates and larger overhauls as needed.
- Oversee creation of new websites for specific campaigns as needed.
- Maintain and update website security features.
- Email marketing:
- Lead Together for Girls email marketing campaigns, including managing regular newsletter.
- Ensure Together for Girls mailing list is kept up-to-date.
- Analytics & reporting:
- Regularly collect, package and analyze metrics across all digital channels.
- Provide recommendations and actionable insights to respond to the metrics.
- Design and multimedia development:
- Create multimedia cross-platform content, including graphics and videos.
- Work with the communications team and creative agency to develop new collateral.
- Assist communications team with other tasks (including event support, thought leadership, collateral development, etc.) as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate/Bachelors Degree
- At least five years of communications experience at least three years of this experience must specifically be in digital communications
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Be a self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated experience utilizing programs, such as Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Adobe Suites and WordPress; experience in creative programs such as Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of international development, violence or gender issues is a plus. Experience working in a partnership environment is also a plus
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English
- Language proficiency in Spanish, French and/or Swahili is a plus but not required
This position is a remote, 40-hour per week position. The location is flexible; ideally, the team member will be based in one of Together for Girls partner countries; however, individuals living in other countries are also encouraged to apply. Together for Girls offers a flexible work environment. All team members are expected to be available during Together for Girls core working hours of 10:00 AM 2:00 PM Eastern Time. Position may require domestic and international travel when it is safe to do so.
While the Together for Girls secretariat is headquartered in the United States and the majority of the team resides in the U.S. at this time, it does not have the ability to offer work visas or other visas to any non- U.S. citizen team members. The candidate must have the ability to legally work in the country where they reside, either as a consultant or as an employee for Together for Girls.Candidates located in the U.S. must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The base salary for the position is $43,000-$50,000, which will be adjusted based on the candidates increased cost of living in the city/country in which they reside. For example, for a team member based in Washington, D.C. (a high cost of living area), the salary range would be adjusted to $65,000-75,000 USD. Final salary within this adjusted core range will be determined by the candidates years of experience and any academic qualifications or certifications.
Together for Girls also offers excellent benefits and a flexible work environment. Current benefits for full-time employees include:
- 10 paid holidays
- 20 paid vacation and 5 paid sick days
- 1 paid community service day
- Additional benefits, including health insurance and retirement benefits, will be offered depending on the options available and laws in the country where the team member resides.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume with subject line Digital Communications Officer to Katherine Brandon at [email protected] by Monday, January 11.
To apply for this job please visit www.togetherforgirls.org.