The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyones worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Digital Fundraising Manager is responsible for the strategic management and implementation of a national digital fundraising and marketing program that integrates with traditional fundraising programs. There is a strong focus on monthly donor conversion, donor renewal, donor acquisition, and retention strategies to drive revenue. Source or create donor-centric content and drive timelines to increase giving and stewardship. Oversee progress, deadlines, goals, and objectives, and reporting for digital fundraising.
Digital Fundraising & Stewardship:
- Lead and develop strategy for a comprehensive digital fundraising program with the goal of maximizing recurring and single gift revenue
- Oversee the implementation of digital fundraising and stewardship campaigns, including search engine marketing, social media, and digital advertising
- Manage the digital fundraising, Google Analytics and social media strategies, post-campaign analysis, and reporting
- Lead the digital fundraising strategy for an integrated, multi-channel, donor-centric approach to fundraising and stewardship, in partnership with the Direct Response Manager
- Lead for digital components of the monthly giving acquisition, conversion, and stewardship campaigns, working in partnership with the Direct Response Manager to meet annual revenue and conversion goals
- Oversee and identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and maximize revenue
- Lead the alignment of campaign creative with our brand, ensuring a seamless user experience
- Oversee the development, evaluation, and implementation of A/B testing protocols and procedures to drive revenue
Peer-to-Peer, Mobile Giving & Third-Party Fundraising:
- Manage the digital peer-to-peer fundraising platform and programs, with continual program improvements to meet the needs of the organization
- Oversee and create a positive donor experience for people fundraising on behalf of, or donating to The Salvation Army, through the peer to peer platform
- Manage mobile giving program, developing opportunities and strategies to maximize revenue
- Manage Text to Donate and oversee new campaign creation, communication of campaign details, and allocation of revenue to divisions
- Oversee third-party partners including CanadaHelps and Donate a Car and strategize to maximize revenue
Online Fundraising Platforms:
- Manage regular giving and peer-to-peer online platforms to ensure positive donor experience, efficient and effective donation processing, and accurate receipting, in partnership with the Digital Media Producer
- Lead the search for new and emerging platforms, applications, and methodologies
- Oversee digital donor journey and ensure a positive donor experience
- Lead Development team member for disaster fundraising
- Communicate disaster messaging to divisions and key players in disaster fundraising
- Write copy for disaster e-campaigns and determine all aspects of digital disaster campaigns
- Oversee the creation of regular digital fundraising reports
- Manage the digital fundraising content to ensure messaging is accurate, compelling, donor-centric, and meets The Salvation Army messaging guidelines
- Oversee collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team to gather content for fundraising appeals, newsletters, and stewardship
- Oversee communication with divisions to arrange interviews, content and photo opportunities
- Active member of the Communications Department Content Committee
- Manage digital fundraising activities to ensure they follow Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, and adhere to Imagine Canada standards for the administration, processing, and management of donations and donor privacy
- Manage budget planning and budget variance reporting for digital fundraising
- Communicate with divisional Public Relations and Development teams for digital fundraising
- Manage vendors and evaluate the services of contracted suppliers for digital fundraising, mobile giving and third-party fundraising
- Oversee contract renewals, search for new suppliers, and in the orientation of new suppliers as required
- Working environment is typically in the office with possible travel (10%)
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of post-secondary diploma/degree in Digital Marketing or Fundraising (preferred), Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- CFRE or working toward CFRE designation is preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing and implementing digital fundraising and lead generation campaigns that maximize revenue
- Strategic level experience in SEO, SEM, social media and digital fundraising campaigns
- Thorough understanding of the strategies used for each aspect of digital fundraising (SEM, display ads, social media and e-solicitations), and donor behaviours using each one, using KPIs and metrics to analyze data and shift strategy to meet fundraising goals
- Project management experience, including planning, budgeting, monitoring and analysis
- Ability to write and edit compelling fundraising copy with 100% accuracy
- Highly collaborative with the ability to develop strong partnerships across the organization
- Knowledge of digital fundraising and marketing best practices and restrictions in a Canadian context
- Required Skills/Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of current and developing digital fundraising and marketing strategies
- Thorough understanding of Google Analytics, social media and digital advertising strategies
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and lead projects to meet expected outcomes
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (graphic design experience is an asset)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands
- Ability to query, segment and analyze data for reporting, identifying growth potential and trends
- Ensure compliance with all policies, regulations and laws
- Skill in preparing written reports and presentations
- Life-long learner who remains current in digital fundraising and marketing trends and strategies
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Education verification
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Internal applicants must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Salary range: $62,000-$74,000
- Weeks of vacation to start: 3 weeks
- Stat holidays, early closure on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, early closure every second Friday in the summer
- Extended Health/Dental
- RRSP: 4% of salary after successful completion of the probationary period. An additional matching 2% from The Salvation Army if the employee contributes 2%
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.