Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Canadian insurance regulatory specialist to join a fast-paced environment to help grow our Company and the medical insurance for pets category. This is remote position, and you may be based anywhere in Canada.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Companys Regulatory and Compliance Team, and your responsibilities will include overseeing the regulatory and compliance function for Trupanions Canadian businesses, managing Canadian regulatory relationships, coordinating individual and entity licensing across Canada, and advising the Company on all Canadian regulatory and privacy issues. Does this sound like you?
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with Canadian insurance regulators on various regulatory matters
- Further enhancing strong relationships with Canadian regulators
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and provincial Canadian laws and regulations
- Licensing individuals and entities throughout Canada
- Managing responses to member complaints and member-initiated disputes
- Assisting with internal audits
- Advising on Canadian privacy issues
- Partnering with business owners to design and implement initiatives in a fully compliant manner
What were looking for (Please include a cover letter with your application!):
- Five or more years of regulatory and compliance experience in the insurance industry
- A law degree, a plus
- Passion for helping pets
- Prior experience engaging with insurance regulators
- Ability to fit into a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to demonstrate sound and practical business judgment, sometimes in ambiguous situations
- Bilingual in French, a plus
Youll be a good fit if:
- You’re a strategic thinker who can proactively identify, assess and clearly articulate regulatory risks to assist the business in moving forward thoughtfully and expeditiously
- You are knowledgeable of and familiar with Canadian insurance regulations and privacy laws
- You have excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities, you consistently follow through and aren’t intimidated by short deadlines
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
- You are a standout colleague who can work across the business and with external parties collaboratively and effectively
All about Trupanion:
- Bonus opportunities
- Employer paid extended health coverage for you and your family
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week paid sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Employer paid medical health insurance for one pet (dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
Were all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. Were focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/Things We Value
For more information about Trupanion, visit trupanion.com/about
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally adhoc instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.