Director of Marketing and Creative
The Director of Marketing and Creative will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive and creative marketing, branding and communications strategy. This strategy will increase the awareness and visibility of our community-driven programs for media companies and global brands.
The Director of Marketing and Creative must be an energetic, enthusiastic, driven leader with a hands-on experience and a can-do attitude. An effective and contributing leader must also have proven experience in directing the development of marketing assets and website creative.Who We Are
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the worlds most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Business Journals Leadership Trust and the recent launch of the Rolling Stone Culture Council.Who You Are
Responsibilities and Goals
- Optimistic and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and were working with a lot of unknowns you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- A builder | Process-oriented and an innovator with a strong point of view and distinct voice.
- Detail oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A strong communicator | Superior presentation skills and excellent communication and analytical skills. Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability.
- Fast paced | Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the process.
- This individual will plan, organize and manage all strategic marketing functions to advance the partner brands and company performance, including creative, design, positioning, messaging, campaign development and web.
- Must have proven experience in directing the development of creative marketing assets and website creative.
- Proven experience leading breakthrough creative teams, with an emphasis on customer-centric communications and bottom-line business results.
- Develop creative with business targets and personas in mind.
- Develop effective marketing programs and collateral that builds sales and brand equity.
- This individual will be an experienced, strategic, creative, marketing professional with the ability to deliver and execute on objectives and drive results.
- Works closely in partnership with sales leadership to devise a comprehensive marketing strategy and with membership programs to maintain brand affinity among members.
- Develop and implement an annual cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness with prospective and current members, brand partners and other target audiences.
- Build a measurement system to determine success of programs.
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies and materials.
- Implement marketing campaigns that meet business objectives and drive leads.
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Manage and coach marketing team members to ensure high performance and a strong team culture.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, or Management preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and progressive growth with B2B customers.
- Must have a proven track record in driving creative solutions.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills, cool under pressure, meets challenges bravely, high level of adaptability and resilience.
- Experience working with a broad variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience managing marketing and communication teams at all levels.
- Extensive experience leading a team.
- Ability to create clear and concise documentation and status reports.
- Thrives amid ambiguity; able to influence both peers and managers toward shared vision and forward progress.
- Strong organizational skill set with ability to multitask.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
To apply, please email Mike Schrade a copy of your resume and why you are perfect for the job.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.