Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
Essential Job Functions
- Assess and support candidate campaign’s finance operations;
- Find effective finance directors and other campaign fundraising staff;
- Write fundraising plans that includes groups of donor targets, tools and raising strategies;
- Project realistic goals including call time, events, PAC, digital and direct mail projections;
- Track and report weekly fundraising numbers, cash on hand and other pertinent numbers;
- Employ candidate call time that is effective and regular;
- Implement a complete and efficient system for call time;
- Establish high-quality systems for tracking campaign income, processing contributions, motivating surrogate fundraisers, planning fundraisers, and all other aspects of the campaign fundraising operation;
- Utilize database software for maintaining fundraising records;
- Write effective fundraising solicitation and re-solicitation mail and email that are in compliance with all FEC or applicable state campaign finance laws;
- Work as part of the team of EMILY’s List staff who evaluates other aspects of the campaigns;
- Work with campaign managers and finance directors on assessing overall campaign budget and cash flow; Communicate needs and goals of EMILY’s List endorsement contract and mailing process for endorsed Candidates;
- Train candidates and staff on the best practices to ask for money and develop fundraising messages;
- Help to screen and advise campaigns on fundraising and digital consultants, contracts, and relationships;
- Assist with the EMILY’s List fundraising flagship training program, along with ongoing campaign training;
- Extensive travel required (post-COVID);
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of five years campaign fundraising experience, serving as Finance Director at least twice on a federal or gubernatorial campaign for at least two campaigns;
- Must be a self-starter;
- Must have a fundamental knowledge of Federal Election Law;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Must have extensive experience using Excel & Google Drive and possess a familiarity with NGP Software;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $90,000 – $110,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Applications received by 4/23/2021 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please .
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!