Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
Essential Job Functions
- Vetting candidates on specific issue areas, primarily focusing on reproductive health issues, using Nexis, legislative vote databases, campaign finance filings, and various search tools;
- Contribute to research on potential EL-endorsed candidates at the state and local level as well as materials used for communications, development, and the endorsement process;
- Contribute to research team needs by helping to track campaign finance filings, legislative calendars, votes and issues moving statewide and locally, and other external events as needed;
- Work closely with others across departments to communicate critical deadlines, results, and upcoming opportunities;
- Coordinate with research interns, editing their work and keeping track of progress, as needed;
- Assist with any other assignments and tasks as requested by the Research Department;
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for the front desk as needed once the office reopens.
- Excellent research skills and extremely keen attention to detail, meticulous, and thorough;
- Strong writing, grammar, communication, and organizational skills;
- Thorough understanding of current political landscape and strong political judgement; Proactive self-starter with a hunger to expand the EMILY’s List community, win races, and build a sustainable, progressive America;
- Commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff;
- Experience in campaigns/politics/advocacy a plus, preferably in a research environment;
- Experience using federal and state government databases and multiple other data sources a plus;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and other programs to track and present data effectively a plus.
The salary for this position is $45,500 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Applications received by 4/14/2021 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!