Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
Supervisor: VP, Digital
Supervisory Responsibilities: Interns
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Digital Assistant to join our Digital team. EMILY’s List has raised over $700 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources and guidance for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
The Digital Assistan t plays a crucial role on this team, providing administrative support to the Vice President of Digital and department, ensuring our online properties are up-to-date, and that special projects are planned and executed efficiently.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Digital, including scheduling, travel, and expenses;
- Manage administrative tasks for the digital department, including coordinating meeting agendas and logistics;
- Publish day-to-day updates to the EMILY’s List website, including making sure the homepage and candidate donation pages are up-to-date;
- Manage internal fulfillment projects for digital promotions, such as sustainer upsells, contests, and merchandise;
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk staff as needed;
- Assist in the drafting and production of content for our email, social media, and SMS programs and the website as directed;
- Manage and onboard the digital interns;
- Other projects as assigned.
- Candidates for this position must be extremely detail-oriented, committed to discretion and confidentiality in the performance of their duties, and be calm and composed under pressure. Strong interpersonal communication skills, professionalism, and maturity are critical to success.
- Ideal candidates will have some familiarity with Excel, online fundraising, and advocacy best practices. Experience working or interning in digital or communications is preferred.
- Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadline, and understand that evening and weekend work will be expected as the needs of the election cycle demand.
- Must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff and an interest and commitment to electing pro-choice Democratic women.
The salary for this position is $45,500 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] – include your name and the job title in the subject line. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!