Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns Assistant
Department: Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns
Supervisor: Vice President, Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns
Supervisory Responsibilities: Interns
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns Assistant to join our Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns team. EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
The Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns Assistant assists the Vice President of Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns in various projects to enhance the service we provide to our campaigns and facilitate communication throughout the organization.
- Planning and maintaining the schedule for the Vice President of Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns;
- Draft and prepare slides for the Vice President and the department for internal and external presentations;
- Draft, organize and maintain reports and memos for the Federal & Gubernatorial team;
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of critical campaign information;
- Work with the Vice President, Senior Directors, Regional Directors, and Coordinators to maintain numerous tracking documents;
- Oversee logistical support for Federal candidates when they are in DC and in the office;
- Work with department assistants to jointly manage and prioritize projects for Federal & Gubernatorial interns;
- Providing administrative assistance to the Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns Department staff as needed;
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Campaigns Assistant must be organized and possess strong verbal and written communications skills. The Campaigns Assistant should be able to work with a wide variety of people and able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects. Professional demeanor and appearance required. Campaign or other electoral experience is a plus. Commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff required. Commitment and passion to elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women required.
The starting salary for this position is $45,500 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to [email protected] – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!