Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
Essential Job Functions
- Manage intern recruiting, hiring, and programming;
- Work in collaboration with the HR Project Manager on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programming, administration of the DEI Committee, and special HR/Operations projects;
- Assist with the onboarding process for all new staff by compiling onboarding materials and serving as primary point of contact for candidates and new staff;
- Assist with hiring process, including posting job announcements to all recruiting outlets, maintaining job listings, and administering hiring tests as needed;
- Work closely with Deputy Director, Administration on daily human resources and operational needs;
- Serve as primary backup to the office administrator to efficiently manage in-office procedures, including screening incoming calls, mail distribution, and general upkeep of common office spaces;
- Assist Deputy Director with staff and intern payroll responsibilities;
- Work alongside the finance and compliance team to ensure intern payments are completed timely with accuracy;
- Process check requests and expense reports for the Administration team;
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Administrative Officer as needed;
- Maintain EMILY’s List alumni lists and alumni programming;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out tasks to completion;
- Ability to be patient and discreet;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and enlist help when necessary;
- Ability to multitask successfully and with a sense of urgency;
- An interest in Payroll and Benefits administration a plus;
- Experience using Human Resources Information Systems like Paylocity a plus;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $45,500 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!