The Active Directory Analyst is responsible for establishing correct user access across multiple client applications following agreed upon policies and procedures. The incumbent ensures configuration, testing, validation, maintenance, incident resolution, and ongoing support of the related active directory and additional 3rd party application(s) as well as maintaining in-depth knowledge of the software functionality and acquiring/utilizing knowledge of the related end user operational workflows.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Resolve end user reported incidents/problems and fulfill correctly submitted and approved end user service requests via technical build, configuration, and testing.
- Use expertise to create critical, technical documentation of service requests.
- Provide timely follow-up and status updates to clients as issues are processed and resolved.
- Proactively make suggestions to leadership to reduce or eliminate recurring issues and mitigate risk.
- Follow established guidelines for system change control.
- Manage, maintain, and document Active Directory integrations.
- Maintain and ensure service-level and availability of Active Directory infrastructure.
- Participate in troubleshooting and incident/problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams.
- Operate as point of contact for access to client systems, including Electronic Medical Records, ticketing systems, IVRs, reporting tools, and other platforms.
- Understand appropriate access by team and function, application process and timelines, and potential barriers to success.
- Identify issues with current distributed provisioning processes and create and deploy new practices for a centralized function that improves response time, mitigates client- and agent-side issues, and increases overall efficiency.
- Continuously monitor status of all provisioning activities and current licenses.
- Ensure highest standards of security, privacy, and data integrity are met regarding the overall provisioning and access of systems.
- Coordinate and escalate support of complex, enterprise level active directory solutions, specifically pertaining to security.
- Perform various functions and duties in support of audit and compliance deliverable – verification/remittance of directory security evidence.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers by monitoring and responding quickly and effectively to requests.
- Assist with training team members on practices procedures, and technical aspects of the job.
- Lead and mentor junior active directory administrators in best practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position primarily serves external clients.
- Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA, HPI, Joint Commission Standards). Skilled in the design and application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Corporate Standards and Recommended Practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: Associates degree in Information Systems, Business, or related technical field; equivalent experience can be .
- 3 years Active Directory experience supporting IT and network services in a distributed environment
- Experience with agile development methods
- Experience with data integration mechanisms
- Experience with architectural design tools
- Technical experience with active directory security
- Knowledge of AD Security best-practices, latest security threats/trends and mitigations
- Experience with active directory object management, security models and trust creation
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 operating systems platforms, DNS, networks, DMZs, firewalls, network security zones and IPv6 preferred
- Experience performing large scale upgrades, migrations, transitions and consolidation of active directory domains and forests
- Working knowledge of Certificate/CA/PKI infrastructure
- Hands on experience on Active Directory Installation, administration, optimization, problem isolation and resolution preferred
- Performed cross platform audits of Active Directory (AD) objects and user permissions.
- Developed organizational units in Active Directory (AD) and managed user security with group policies.
- Managing Group Policy Objects (GPOs) throughout the Active Directory (AD) enterprise Configure users, groups, group policy objects, service accounts, application layer services and other objects, often coordinating with software developers.
- Knowledge of installing, upgrading and maintaining Certificates
- Working experience on the Microsoft Account management
- Hands on experience in the MS SQL administration
- Knowledge in the Load Balancer Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of Active Directory and the identity management approaches
- Demonstrate strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills in order to evaluate situations make recommendations and take prompt action.
- Strong knowledge of AD zone types as well as multi forest design and communications
- Comprehensive background in managing Windows server and workstation-based operating systems via Active Directory Group Policy.
Certifications & Licenses:
Valid State Drivers License
Skills and Abilities:
Business Mathematical Skills — Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Technical Computer Skills Demonstrate use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming, relational databases, and operating systems) and intermediate software packages.
Communication Excellent communication skills, including proven experience effectively communicating technical challenges and solutions to peers, customers and senior management.
Varied Business Problems Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
Job Specific Impact — Decisions generally affect own job or assigned functional area.
Functional Independent Judgement Provides and sets goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for the department policies, practices, and programs. Makes decisions for and/or resolves problems for others.
Moderate Planning / Organization — Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with moderate complexity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
To apply for this job please visit hctec.com.