Front End Developer (Contract)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Job Category: Short-term contract
Charity Navigator is looking for a talented Front-End Developer Contractor. Currently, our team is working remotely to comply with CDC guidelines during the pandemic, and as such, this position will be fully virtual in the interim.
The successful applicant will join our Tech Team to help build our nonprofit portal and ratings application. The nonprofit portal will allow nonprofit organizations to contribute data needed for ratings as well as other information about their nonprofit.
What were looking for:
– A team member to meaningfully contribute to the design and UX for the nonprofit portal
– An equal collaborator with both our tech team and non-tech staff to use your skills to help add engaging content and user first functionality to the tool.
– Someone who is comfortable developing and supporting web applications using HTML5 and React, using JSON REST APIs for data.
In this role, you will:
– Heavily leverage our web stack: React and Node JS for our front-end and back-end
– Familiarity with Bootstrap or other UI toolkits/themes
– Experience with Git
– Passionate about the non-profit sector, wanting to help donors and charities find each other and make better decisions.
If you resonate with any of the descriptions above, we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter to apply!
Charity Navigator is the worlds largest and most-utilized independent charity evaluator. The organization guides informed giving by evaluating the financial health, accountability, and transparency of charities and by providing data about 1.7 million nonprofits, accessed more than 10 million times annually. Charity Navigator does not charge the organizations it evaluates, ensuring unbiased evaluations, nor does it charge the public for this trusted data. As a result, Charity Navigator, a 501(c)(3) public charity itself, depends on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations that believe it provides a much-needed service to America’s charitable givers.
This is a short term contract position. We expect the consultancy to be full-time for 4-6 months, though we would be flexible for the right person. There may be the opportunity to transition to a salary position if both sides are interested.
Charity Navigator provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.