We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Strategic Integration team at Zapier. Interested in collaborating with incredibly smart people to build great software that connects thousands of different web applications? Then read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You have experience with Web APIs. In this role, you’ll be working with many different APIs. Youll need to be able to dig into their documentation, build proof-of-concepts, and then build complex integrations with those APIs. Basically, you’ll need to know and love Web APIs.
You are a skilled programmer. You dont expect to come up with designs and leave implementation to others. Instead, you dig in and get stuff done. Our main tech stack is Node and Python, youll be working with both.
You solve problems. Engineers write lots of code, but that is not all they do. You can recognize when something isnt working and do the work to figure out how to fix it. This could be with code, or by working with your teammates.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and being able to communicate well is critical. Chat and video are our primary means of communication. You can communicate unfamiliar technical topics clearly and in an approachable way.
You want to do what’s best for users. Integrations are at the core of Zapier’s value to our customers, and we want to keep building ones that are of the highest quality and solve our customers’ needs.
Your experience lifts others up. You love assisting others and use your prior experiences to mentor, no matter how many or how few you have.
You understand that perfect is the enemy of the good. One of our core values is defaulting to action. You can ship code and systems that just work and work simply, while iterating as needed to get towards better solutions.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Build and maintain our partner API and SDKs
- Work with partners APIs or frameworks to build bespoke integrations on external platforms
- Scope and break down complex technical features
- Dig into bugs and feature requests
- Help consult on and design newer features for our partners
- Work with our partnerships team to solve problems for high-value partners
- Be comfortable taking technical calls with external partners
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Help other engineers on the team and across Zapier
- Maintain and continuously optimize our existing partner products
- You have four plus years of Engineering experience
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Travel – as part of our remote-first lifestyle, it’s important that we come together 2-3x per year to work together, meet each other in person and have fun together. These meetings are in North America and mandatory, so please keep that in mind when you apply.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we usually would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a significant impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small groups mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: North America.
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less; we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2-3 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian, and UK-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!