FundBoard is looking to add a senior-level web engineer with 5-10+ years of experience to our team. In addition to being aligned with our mission, you should have very strong front-end skills and be excited about learning even more, and some experience with backend concepts. We currently use React, Redux, Sagas, Node, ES6, and SASS, along with tools like Netlify, Airtable, and Back4App.
About You / The Role
The Short Version
- Full-time, 100% remote, salaried, you’ll be considered a co-founder. We will provide any equipment you need for a proper home office.
- High potential mid-level: $120,000 salary plus equity.
Senior: $150,000 salary plus equity.
Very experienced Senior/lead: $160,000 salary plus equity.
- Salary is based solely on ability and experience, measured against fixed requirements, never based on who you are or how you negotiate. The same role is paid the same across the company.
- U.S. time zones, you can work when you want to but are expected to communicate with the team during core hours.
Though we’re a scrappy startup, valuing our team is still a priority. All full-time team members receive:
- Extremely competitive equity in the company.
- A monthly Health Insurance Stipend to help cover your premiums and other healthcare-related expenses. You may also add your family, and we’ll help to partially cover their costs too.
- Anytime you add a new member to your family, we offer paid parental leave.
- Flexibility and Freedom. Get your work done whenever it’s most convenient for you.
- We purchase the equipment you need to do your job well.
- Unlimited Vacation. No, seriously, we check to make sure you’re taking vacation throughout the year.
- An unlimited book budget to keep learning about the things that interest you. Or, as a nice book-induced getaway.
- Post-COVID team retreats in stunning destinations. We want to meet you in real life as soon as it’s safely possible. You can expect thoughtful in-person retreats in cool places quarterly once we are able to do so.
What you’ll do at FundBoard
- Plan, build, and test new features in our React/Redux/Sagas responsive web app.
- Work on other sites and apps, we love quick experiments and proof of concepts.
- Be adaptable and embrace lean startup philosophies. Low-code, BAAS, all OSes, and devices.
- Play an integral role in team strategy and decision-making. You will help shape the company as we grow.
- Communicate and have empathy, for our users and each other.
You Should Be Pretty Good At
- HTML and CSS: You should know more than the basics and have some experience with accessibility (startup funding for everyone means everyone) and other HTML best practices.
- Front+ Development: Whenever possible, we use backend on-demand services instead of building our own infrastructure. You should have expert knowledge of REST, using APIs and backend data structures. Backend experience isn’t required but would be a plus.
- Adaptability: We’re a small team, you should be able to test and fix web apps on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, in all modern browsers. We don’t care which you use most of the time, we’ll get you the devices needed and expect you to use them.
- Duct Tape: We’re small and early, and we use a lot of (metaphorical) duct tape and low-code tools to prove our ideas. We care about quality, but you should be comfortable implementing quick solutions that don’t scale well to find out what we should build later that does scale well.
- Empathy: Our North Star is making lives better. We care deeply about equality and diversity in tech, being ego-free, and serving our mission first, not ourselves. We hope we’ll be successful financially, but that’s not why we get up in the morning. You should align with these values, or honestly, this isn’t the role for you.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!