Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company.
In this role you will:
- Own all parts of the product design cycle, including ideation, wireframes, and prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs
- Deliver clean, consistent, visually engaging designs that strengthen our UI and brand
- Design high-fidelity interactions, mockups, and prototypes for user testing and engineer implementation
- Iterate on our design system component UI to better embody our brand and establish visual consistency
- Serve as a design point-of-contact for our engineers throughout the Scrum development process to ensure high visual quality and identify bugs and progressive enhancements
- Write case studies for your projects explaining your process and impact on our team website
What you can bring to the table:
- You are a self-starter and team player, with a desire to ask tough questions and keep up with industry trends, technology, and tools
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals with excellent attention to detail — typography, layout, color, etc.
- Experience using Figma, Sketch, or similar design tools
- You understand usability best practices and how to apply them to interaction and visual design to make an accessible and consistent experience
- Ability to rapidly iterate at different levels of fidelity (sketches, wireframes, UI designs)
- Strong written, presentation, and organizational skills and have experience presenting ideas to stakeholders
- A portfolio that highlights your design process and the final product
- Bonus: Experience working for B2B or media and journalism companies
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 23 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Industry Dive was selected as a “Best Place to Work” by the Washington Post in 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2017, 2016 and 2015.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!