Are you an ambitious, resourceful, and a passionate problem solver who wants to help us create a more inclusive world? Are you interested in being a part of a company that is helping organizations transform their culture and improve leadership so that diverse people feel included and thrive at work?
We are a fast-growing tech company with a highly respected team of driven professionals, working together to make workplaces inclusive. This position is not only for someone who is hard working but is willing to work on themselves personally too. Are you ready to make an impact with us?
If yes, please continue reading. ion Learning is a SaaS-based technology company dedicated to transforming the training and development industry by providing a more impactful way to learn and connect with peers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Front End focus, to help us become a more impactful platform, a more efficient team, and the #1 platform to develop skills collaboratively. You will be primarily responsible for building our user interfaces and experiences to better enable learners to navigate our course materials. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting in expanding our API and other backend systems. Building a strong product requires learning from mistakes, and as such, being open about your challenges, failures, and successes will be pivotal in success in this role to help create our team’s best practices.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated with the ability to work independently with partial supervision. You are excited to do research to build the best features for our platform and fix existing problems. You are open and ready for personal and professional development as a team member of ion. We want our team members to live the journey with us and care about the customer needs while growing to be the best-in-class product for learning. If this describes you and encourages you to become who you want to be, we want to hear from you!
• Build components for our interactive application using VueJS
• Contribute to platform development using Laravel and PHP
• Design and implement interactive applications
• Test and validate features in production-like staging environments
• Encourages innovation and creativity in modern technology solutions
• Review and analyze current systems and proposing system improvements
• Create, maintain, and implement source code and documentation for customer facing applications
• 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• 2+ years of VueJS framework and its ecosystem (vue-router, vuex) experience building applications at scale
• Experience with mobile adaptation for Web applications using responsive design
• Experience with PHP and Laravel development
• Experience with traditional SQL database systems such as MySQL
• The ability to pick up new technologies quickly and rapidly deep dive
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to think creatively
• Strong problem-solving skills able to work within a collaborative environment as well as autonomously using Jira or similar ticket tracking systems
Additional Preferred Skills
• Experience with Google Cloud systems
• Understanding of object-oriented concepts, abstraction/inheritance, as well as experience with object-oriented languages
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with building and using REST APIs
Why work with us?
• We are a group of passionate, supportive and hardworking people who are committed to changing the way we learn, and work is our society.
• We are the first to admit when we do not know and when we are wrong, and we work together to problem solve and create innovative solutions.
• We believe that diversity is what will drive our company to succeed overtime and building a culture where diverse people can thrive and feel like they belong is important to us.
• We value a culture of learning, communication, empathy and problem solving.
• A fun, fast-paced workplace with talented colleagues including thought leaders and published authors
• A supportive infrastructure so you can focus on growing yourself and the team
• We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment
• Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love
How to apply.
Send us an email at [email protected] with your resume and answer the following questions.
- How many years of Software development experience do you have?
- How many years of Vue.js experience do you have?
- What type of self-growth or self-learning do you currently do in your free time?
- When getting feedback from your peers, what would they say are your greatest strengths?
- What does it mean to be a senior developer?
- What is something important that you want us to know about you that we couldn’t see on your resume.
- What other question should we have asked here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our core. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!