We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the worlds top eyewear retailers.
Ditto seeks an iOS Engineer to improve and expand our iOS SDKs and consumer-facing applications. You will be responsible for the design, development, and distribution of our iOS software. The ideal candidate is experienced in mobile architecture and has an interest in user interface design. You will be a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. You will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining the scope for new projects. You will own components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
This role can be 100% remote.
What you’ll do:
- Develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
- Contribute to develop and maintain code in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Work with Engineering Managers, and Product Owners to prioritize work within an agile development methodology
- Translate requirements into designs and well-engineered code backed by automated tests
- Leverage your knowledge of iOS tools and infrastructure to improve our core technology
- Prototype new features and applications
- Integrate and port server-side computer vision functionalities within the iOS environment
- 5+ years of building feature-heavy native applications for iOS utilizing Swift and Objective-C
- History of published app(s) iOS apps in the application store
- Experience integrating RESTful APIsProven history of written communication
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor other engineersFamiliar with automation testing, build, and continuous integration
- Comfortable with converting Photoshop/Sketch/Illustrator designs into live applications
- Knowledge of OpenGL/Metal, web applications, Python, C/C++ preferred
- Experience with Android preferred
- Bachelors or higher degree, or the equivalent, in Computer Science or related. (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees. We are based in the Bay Area and are shifting towards remote working in light of a growing global client base and Covid-19.
We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes us each unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust which combines being authentic, credible and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
We enable team members to work remotely or from our amazing office space at the 19th Street BART stop in Oakland, CA if you are local. We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. Since moving to remote work this year, we have translated the team activities into online happy hours, trivia, Zoom pictionary and are trying to be creative to build strong relationships amongst remote team members. Post Covid, we plan to get the whole team together twice a year and support smaller group meetings in person where they make sense.
Apply for this job
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!