IS Support Specialist
Location: Virginia Beach, VA (Concert Dr.)
Department: Information Systems
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope.
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (OPO) and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Healths success:
As anIS Support Specialist, you would provide support to end-users both remotely and deskside by resolving complex hardware/desktop software/networking issues; sets up and administers user accounts; set up and administer printers; deploy images to pcs/laptops; administer and support mobile device and continuously strive to improve the end-user experience.
What youll do:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software/network issues in a timely fashion escalating to vendors when required and logs in all information into service management system.
- Define, optimize and execute image deployment processes for pc equipment and maintain an inventory of all equipment including installation, repairs and deployment.
- Provide a positive customer support experience by building strong relationships, quick follow-up, timely resolution, regular communication with a professional attitude.
- Administer printers including setup, network connectivity and troubleshooting issues.
- Create and administer user accounts for windows and various applications and optimizes process periodically.
- Assist users with mobile device setup, replacement/upgrade and administration
- Develop standards for PCs/Printers and related equipment and updates standards periodically based on technological advances.
- Mentor and train Level 1 technicians in troubleshooting with a goal to increase first call resolution.
What youll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- Associates Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field; Bachelors Degree preferred
- 5 years Computer experience in a Service Desk environment; Service Management Software preferred
- 5 years Experience with Windows Operating System
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Effective verbal, written and communications skills
- Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office including Windows 7 and 10
- Diagnostic and management utilities, including but not limited to: Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, and PC Imaging
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced team environment; versatility flexibility with competing and changing priorities
- Working knowledge of Active Directory/ MS Office / Outlook
- Working knowledge of Printer Management
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. You wont find another company with a culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events (Chili Cook-Off, 5K, Celebration of Life Gala, and many more!)
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Paid lunches
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career and skill development opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Food Truck Thursday (at participating locations)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. #LI-AF1