Website Kennebunport Climate Initiative
The Kennebunkport Climate Initiative (KCI) is a scientifically-based education organization aimed to help educate about the climate crisis, by bringing the issues to a local landscape in order to engage communities. The uniqueness of KCI’s approach is its focus on educating and empowering youth (high school and college). We believe that the generation most at risk (the youth) will shift politics, stimulate solutions, and ultimately be agents of change. We also believe that it is important to educate about climate change in a nonpartisan way. Our vision is to create a cohesive voice at the grassroots level to push for climate-friendly policy and local action in this time of crisis.
The Kennebunkport Climate Initiative is hiring a Climate Ambassador Volunteer Coordinator. This position will serve as the chief champion of KCI volunteers (called Ambassadors) and is responsible for the full volunteer engagement cycle including volunteer needs assessment, design and development of positions, recruitment, intake and screening, onboarding and engagement, training and placement, recognition and retainment, and measuring performance. The Climate Ambassador Volunteer Coordinator will report to KCI’s Director of Programs and Outreach and matrix into other functions including marketing and communications, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, strategy, and the KCI Regional Coordinators.
The ideal candidate for this position is highly collaborative and passionate about preserving our natural environment and activating youth voices across the nation, and eventually, the globe. S/he/they is/are also an effective communicator and has excellent organizational skills that will enable KCI to engage the targeted youth population.
As the IPCC notes, ‘Impacts of climate change are like to be felt most acutely not only by the poor, but also by certain segments of the population, such as the elderly, the very young, the powerless, indigenous peoples, and recent immigrants, particularly if they are linguistically isolated’. KCI values diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and we greatly value our workforce reflecting the communities in which we are activating.
- Drives the full volunteer Ambassador program from needs assessment, design and development of positions, recruitment, intake and screening, onboarding and training, placement and ongoing engagement, recognition and retainment, and measuring performance in a way that ensures consistency within the mission and values of KCI.
Supports the ambitious goal of reaching 10 million youth by 2025 on a national and international scale.
- Works closely with the Regional Coordinators that are scheduled to be hired in 2021 to establish program frameworks and guidance on volunteer recruitment.
- Develops the KCI volunteer Ambassador program frameworks for both youth and adult allies, providing program guidance and job aids to ensure 21st-century volunteer engagement systems are in place.
- Using Better Impact, develops and maintains the online system for Ambassador community engagement, in concert with social media channels, working closely with the communications and marketing team.
- Leads the charge in keeping up-to-date records, and generating reports detailing the status of the current KCI Ambassador program, including key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Works closely with Regional Coordinators in implementation of Ambassador onboarding activities and training, as well as best practices in volunteer management and recognition.
- Works closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Coordinator that will be hired in 2021 or early 2022, organizes evaluations and reports out on Ambassador program effectiveness which includes data collection on impact and output metrics
Sample success metrics for this role:
- # of KCI Ambassadors recruited
- Retention rate of Ambassadors
- % of volunteers that are representative of the communities most at risk for the impacts of climate change
- Net Promoter Score and continuous engagement of Ambassadors
- Monthly key performance indicators submitted on time
- Development of KCI policies and framework for full volunteer engagement cycle including volunteer needs assessment, design and development of positions, recruitment, intake and screening, onboarding and training, placement and engagement, recognition and retainment, and measuring performance
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in volunteer program administration required
- Certified volunteer administrator (CVA) credential preferred or obtained within one year of hire
- Excellent marketing and social media promotional skills to recruit, retain, and engage volunteers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong relationship builder, with the ability to build consensus and strengthen the collaboration among diverse stakeholders
- Highly collaborative team player with a flexible attitude
- Strong administrative skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong project management and people management skills and is self-driven
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile data for program refinement and success
- Passion for tackling the climate crisis and furthering the mission of the Initiative
To apply, email a cover letter, resume/CV to [email protected] by March 26, 2021.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!