Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that youre 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply.What does a Manager, Education Success do at Handshake?
Handshake is looking to bring on a Manager of Education Success to help manage and coach a team of 7 EDU Relationship Managers, lead projects and help our education partners find success on Handshake. As a Manager of Education Success, youll report directly to the Director of Education Success, Sales and Operations and play a key role in building scalable solutions and processes while nurturing a fun, collaborative culture. Youll work closely with various stakeholders across Success, Sales, Operations, Marketing and Support across all three sides of the business: Education, Employer and Student teams.Youll be responsible for improving efficiency and developing and evolving our overall education success strategy. Youll be responsible for leading cross-functional projects that align with our strategic team and company goals and youll build a hardworking team that loves contributing to our mission and pushes themselves to go above and beyond.Here are some projects were excited for you to work on at Handshake
What qualities are we looking for?
- Set and lead achievement of strategic, measurable quarterly and annual goals
- Motivate, coach, and empower a team of hardworking Relationship Managers
- Recruit, hire, and successfully onboard new Relationship Managers
- Identify and lead efforts to partner with key internal customer-facing teams: Training & Education, Documentation, Trust and Safety, Support, and Sales
- Drive improvements in efficiency within your team and across the entire Success organization
- Influence the direction of Handshake by leading and participating in cross-functional projects with product, engineering, design, marketing and sales
- Build process and identify tools to enhance efficiency
- Drive key metrics like NPS, account health, product adoption and other strategic initiatives that funnel up to topline business objectives
- Leadership experience: actively coach, motivate and inspire, and develop relationships to drive a high performing and engaged team
- Ideally, you have at least 2+ years managing people in a Customer Success/Account Management function, and at least 3+ years working in Customer Success at a fast-paced tech company
- Passion for the problem: interest in helping education partners leverage technology to achieve measurable outcomes for students
- Data-driven: analytical, methodical approach to identifying challenges and measuring impact
- Communication: excellent verbal and written communication skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics with simple language
- Empathy: exceptional EQ with a strong sense of empathy for team members and customers
- Relationship-driven: motivated to build and maintain relationships with internal leaders across the company
- Ability to think systematically: partner with our operations team to identify and build infrastructure, processes, and tools to drive efficiency and streamlined operations
- Grit: youre a do-er, with a strong work ethic, a bias for action, and a hunger for feedback
- Resourceful and creative: a proven track record of executing bold growth strategies, navigating ambiguity, and achieving goals with a lean team
- Executive presence: ability to influence and work effectively with all levels of management; directors, VPs, and across verticals
- Managing up/down/side-to-side: you are effective at managing up in all directions, highlighting the success and learnings of your team and advocating where needed
- You are a servant leader: you demonstrate humility and self awareness and you lead through influence
- Experience handling customer escalations and coaching ICs to handle escalations independently
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- …And much more!