Building sustainable businesses for content creators.
Mediavine has been an internet publisher since 2004. We own and operate The Hollywood Gossip, TV Fanatic, Movie Fanatic and Food Fanatic.
In 2013, when Food Fanatic was launched and our relationship with bloggers began, we learned we weren’t alone in our frustrations with the way most ad management is run. Since then we’ve teamed up with almost 8,000 publishers to create frustration-free advertising experiences, with a focus on site speed, SEO, and innovative industry growth.
We’re looking to add an experienced Director of People Operations to our growing team here at Mediavine. With over 100 current employees and more hires joining every month, we are searching for a versatile, motivated professional to continue to shepherd us through a period of rapid growth.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
The responsibilities of the Director of People Operations will include:
- Overseeing the People Operations department and department staff.
- Effectively plan, design, develop and evaluate human resource-related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals and overall company culture.
- Communicating the organization’s personnel policies and procedures with employees and ensuring that proper compliance is followed.
- Working with executives and department managers to assist in mediation and conflict resolution, as well as other personnel matters; as well as advising department managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances.
- Assisting executives in preparation and administration of salary structures and organizing Mediavine’s personnel information.
- Directing the development and implementation of organizational development programs, employee orientation and training programs, benefits plans, policies and guidelines, database management procedures, equal opportunity employment programs, and employee records and documentation policies. Evaluating effectiveness through compiling and analyzing data.
- Working with Insperity, our Professional Employment Organization, as needed regarding payroll, taxation and employment policy issues.
- Evaluating and recommending additional opportunities for staff and organizational development as needed.
This is a Remote, Full-time position, mostly during regular business hours with flexibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of Human Resources management experience required.
- PHR & SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Familiarity with online platforms such as PayScale, Lattice, BambooHR and Insperity preferred but not required.
- Business acumen, strong ethics and leadership qualities.
- Proficiency and comfortability with technology, a fast-paced remote environment, and real-time communication.
- Great communication abilities, problem solving skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, and with professionals in a variety of roles.
- Familiarity with online advertising and/or technology companies (preferred but not required).
- Tolerance for a disproportionate amount of GIFs on a day-to-day basis.
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies (unlimited PTO).
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company-matched charitable donations.
- Salary: $150-200K
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!