Mediavine has been an internet publisher since 2004. We own and operate The Hollywood Gossip, TV Fanatic, Movie Fanatic and Food Fanatic.
In 2013, when Food Fanatic was launched and our relationship with bloggers began, we learned we weren’t alone in our frustrations with the way most ad management is run. Since then we’ve teamed up with almost 8,000 publishers to create frustration-free advertising experiences, with a focus on site speed, SEO, and innovative industry growth.
Mediavine, a premiere advertising management company exclusively representing more than 8,000 of the leading influencers in the food, lifestyle and entertainment space, seeks a Head of Business Intelligence to join our team. As one of the industry’s largest advertising management companies, we’re looking for a motivated professional to facilitate large-scale growth.
- Grow and develop a first-in-class Business Intelligence team to support all business verticals reporting, insights and dashboarding needs
- Proactively collaborate internally across teams to ensure a data-driven approach to product strategy, communications and partnerships
- Own adoption of BI tools and solutions throughout the company
- Lead in the BI team’s contribution to organic revenue growth for Mediavine and our publishers
- Identify and deploy new tools and techniques as needed to deliver best-in-class business-ready data
- Deliver best in class research and analytics that drive effectiveness and efficiencies
- Understand stakeholders’ asks and priorities
- Manage workload of the BI team’s work across departments
- Produce ongoing strategic summaries that tie together business impact across business verticals
- Get hands-on with the data and analysis to produce actionable insights and to help streamline future, similar analysis
- Responsible for presentation of research and analytics, with support from your team, focusing on recommendations and actionable insights
- Provide training and support for use of BI tools by staff who have simple data queries (such as needed for troubleshooting)
- Successfully manage reporting timelines and deliverables for multiple teams with competing deadlines
- Collect and analyze data trends and insights to optimize performance for campaigns and revenue partners
- Develop dashboard and automated reporting that allow stakeholders to monitor key metrics
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with data team on data insight opportunities and business needs as the liaison between stakeholders and data
- Work directly with Product Managers to create data sets and dashboards that provide insight and guide strategic goals / development.
- Dive deep into business challenges to help translate business problems into self-service tools and reports
- Communicate data findings in a structured manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistical Analysis or related field
- 15+ years of progressive industry experience, Online Advertising preferred
- 8+ years experience in a Data Analytics / Business Intelligence role
- Current experience managing a team, remote team management a plus
- Proven experience working closely with Engineering, Product and Sales teams
- Experience working with business stakeholders to uncover the root question and provide a concise answer
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing technologies, including Google Analytics
- Proficient in SQL, with understanding of Python and A/B testing
- Experience with BI management software such as Tableau, Domo and Looker, required
- Experience with other dashboard & data visualization tools such as Metabase, a plus
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, and an inclination to educate
- Ability to provide analysis at varying levels of details depending on the audience
- Ability to proactively drive a departmental vision(i.e. being able to take the initiative rather than rely on direction)
- Aptitude and desire to present to business stakeholders with varying technical backgrounds
- Ability to successfully lead a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!