Mediavine has been an internet publisher since 2004. We own and operate The Hollywood Gossip, TV Fanatic, Movie Fanatic and Food Fanatic.
In 2013, when Food Fanatic was launched and our relationship with bloggers began, we learned we weren’t alone in our frustrations with the way most ad management is run. Since then we’ve teamed up with almost 8,000 publishers to create frustration-free advertising experiences, with a focus on site speed, SEO, and innovative industry growth.
Mediavine is seeking a Product Manager, who has experience in building reporting and settings management tools to join our Product team. We are looking for a “full stack” Product Manager who will have the discipline to clearly define requirements, communicate effectively with both engineering and stakeholders, and take a client centric approach that allows us to provide best-in-class services to clients with a wide range of technical aptitude.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and innovative plugins to advertising technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down websites, our motivation is ensuring that brands and businesses grow in every respect.
We strive to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to a culture in which everyone feels welcomed. We seek individuals who will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t just platitudes to us; we take this seriously in everything we do. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our company’s values and the Mediavine culture. See if this is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview
As a Product Manager in our PubApps Team, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of both the tools used by both our publishers to help manage their websites, and those used by our support team to assist our customers.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to a client-centric approach that takes into account our customers’ wide variety of interests and technical skill levels. Although we have a UX team, they should be interested in how information is visually presented. Since our publisher tools cover a wide range of services, this position requires someone who is always interested in learning something new. The industry changes quickly and so you will need to be comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity and change.
This is a very collaborative role that requires excellent communication skills. You’ll be working with a team of Engineers, QA, UX, Support and Business Analytics on a daily basis.
Each Product team member routinely presents their vision, roadmap and product progress to key stakeholders, however we also place great value on our ability to work together. The Product team meets regularly to coordinate efforts, learn and support each other and continually improve our process.
Basic Job Duties
- Developing deep understanding of user experiences Mediavine Dashboard and User Controls as they evolve over time.
- Working with support team and data team to identify, create and enhance Mediavine Dashboard and User Controls with the goal of improving publisher ease of use and satisfaction
- Researching and understanding changes in the market that impact web user experiences and open up new opportunities to improve website experiences.
- Creating and collaborating with the Design Team on flow charts, wireframes, and full resolution design efforts.
- Developing product road maps prioritizing primary areas of concern.
- Defining clear Product Epics and achievable chunks for engineering teams.
- Conducting regular evaluations of product, market and customer needs to reprioritize / streamline ongoing work.
- Conducting regular interviews with internal and external users to identify potential opportunities for improvement; Distilling user feedback into tangible steps for development.
- 1-2 years of relevant work in Product Management or positions that required requirements gathering and using Agile methodologies
- Experience in building data visualization and user consoles
- Ability to balance needs of internal and external user groups when developing a product
- Interest in both roadmap execution and product vision
- Ability to cross collaborate with other teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in a remote environment
- Experience with WordPress, WordPress plugins and features like Gutenberg Block.
- Experience with Page Speed Insights and Web Performance
- Experience in Ad tech
- Experience as a Support Engineer
- Ruby on Rails or Python
- Passion for polished user experiences
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those?! they’ll be back… someday, hopefully, probably)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous vacation/paid time off policies
- Additional perks such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company-matched charitable donations
- Salary: $65k – $75k
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!