The Mobile Product Manager will oversee the growth and strategic effectiveness of the Audubon Bird Guide app. Reporting to the VP/Digital Products and working closely with our engineering and design teams, the Mobile Product Manager will ensure that our mobile app is constantly evolving to better serve its current users, to more effectively reach new users, and to channel engagement in ways that support Audubons conservation mission. The role requires a mix of competencies across modern mobile design and user experience, React Native mobile development best practices , direct user communications and outreach, and project management. A deep understanding of our current and target audiences, gained via research and testing, will form a key foundation of the Mobile Product Managers work. The Mobile Product Manager will be joining a lean Product Team with significant freedom to shape our mobile product roadmap for the future. Candidates should be able to develop an effective high-level strategic vision while executing on the day-to-day work of maintaining a mobile app with a large, highly engaged audience.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume in order to be considered.
Qualifications and Experience
- Manage an effective product development roadmap and release schedule focused on constant iteration and evolution, collaborating closely with on-staff and contract engineers and designers
- Oversee design of new features and refinement of existing features based on user feedback and research
- Partner with other teams across Audubon to understand organizational objectives and develop effective mobile product strategies and features to support them
- Work with engineering team to build out durable processes for testing and quality assurance, utilizing a mix of available third-party tools and platforms and dedicated tests
- Plan and execute effective user research and multi-variant tests to optimize user experience and engagement with core features
- Effectively manage a budget to align priorities, resources, and timelines
- Integrate analytics into all major product decisions, identifying valuable audience segments and funnels and adapting our roadmap accordingly
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments and trends in mobile user experience, and apply them back into Audubons work
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing a mature mobile product with an established userbase in a previous, full-time, dedicated mobile product management role
- Experience with direct engagement with users to gather feedback, provide support materials, and evolve an existing product based on user needs
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to understand and communicate product needs and requirements from a diverse set of organizational stakeholders, and to communicate effectively with non-technical collaborators
- Strong, demonstrated competency in the worlds of mobile development and user experience design. Must be able to speak to developers and designers in their own language.
- Strong detail-oriented execution skills, and the ability to lead teams on the ground to move projects from conception to completion
- Familiarity with the Apple and Google Play app store ecosystems and developer tools
- Curiosity to stay on the cusp of software and product trends in the greater industry beyond non-profits
- An interest in Audubon’s mission of environmental justice and conservation
Nice to Haves
- Three or more years’ experience managing mature, native mobile products
- Experience managing React Native apps
- Experience with Googles Firebase platform and comfort working with REST/GraphQL APIs
- Interest in birds and birding!