If you’re a strategic, experimentally-inclined product manager or technically adept project leader with strong people management skills and a deep desire to make the world better for families, we’re looking for you.
The core focus of this role is to develop and improve our technical and platform infrastructure–with creativity, flexibility, and a willingness to hack tools together–in order to achieve ParentsTogether’s goals for growth, revenue, and impact.
Too many children in our country go to bed hungry. Too many parents lie awake worrying about how to afford childcare, give their kids a decent education, protect them from structural racism and sexism, and more. But at ParentsTogether we believe parental love is a potent force for change, and we are organizing millions of parents to take on the institutions and policies that harm kids.
To support and organize parents at scale, we employ a unique strategy that combines timely, relevant parenting content with issue education, voter engagement, and cutting edge campaigning.
Our platform approach, rooted in Lean Startup methodology, makes all this possible. We are highly experimental, using existing tools where we can but stitching them together in new and powerful ways. We use listening techniques, from a/b/c testing to surveys to customer discovery, to make sure we’re addressing parents’ needs and meeting them where they’re at.
In the past 5 years this has helped us grow to a community of over 2.5 million parents, and innovate on platforms from Messenger to TikTok. But we know, to build the country we dream of, we need to reach millions more.
So we need to experiment and innovate to grow to five million parents, while building and strengthening the technical foundations that enable our team to engage and support our current members.
This will require a leader with vision, skill, and tenacity. Is that you?
Here’s some of the awesome stuff you’ll do in this role:
- Drive strategy development of our cross-channel media / organizing platform, establishing product and platform priorities across the organization, charting strategy, and creating a platform roadmap.
- Lead the product/platform team using an Agile development process and oversee our production process, helping us balance nimbleness, flexibility, and reliability.
- Guide platform experiments to yield breakthroughs on growth and engagement. You should be on the cutting edge of platform innovations; you don’t need to be an engineer, but you should be in-the-know and think creatively about how we can use current or emerging platforms and channels in new ways.
- Hold an overall customer experience vision for how people experience ParentsTogether across platforms, in a way that maximizes their engagement impact and/or revenue.
- Systems integration & management. Ensure the platforms and systems we use are able to pass data back and forth smoothly and reliably, and store data accessibly, with as much automation as possible.
- Architect and manage our transition to a new CRM solution.
- Oversee org-wide metrics collection and analysis to maximize learning and inform strategy.
You’ll likely be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 3-5 years of product management experience and/or the proven track record of successfully guiding the development of technical products and platform features to meet strategic and learning objectives.
- Are excited to hack growth and figure out how to reach millions more parents. Experience successfully optimizing a funnel or growing a platform is a big plus.
- Are a phenomenal project manager and can deftly handle multiple projects.
- Are technically inclined, have experience managing developers and/or engineering resources.
- Development experience is a plus, but not required.
- Are a capable and team builder and people manager.
- Reflexively think from the perspective of a user or member, and can take a UX-centered approach to solving challenges.
- Have experience implementing Agile development approaches.
- Are an experienced systems manager who can quickly figure out and integrate new platforms in a way that makes customer management and data analysis easy for our team.
- Can thrive in a startup environment with ambiguity, and tons of opportunity for innovation, and plenty of stuff that still needs to be figured out.
- Are a self-starter and take initiative to create & implement solutions as needed.
- Think experimentally and can take a learning approach to our work.
- Are self-motivated, efficient, and focused on results.
- Care about transforming the lives of children and families.
This is a full time role. Schedule and geography are flexible as long as you are generally available for a good chunk of the 12 – 5 PM ET window on most weekdays. Salary will range from $100,000 – $110,000 depending on experience.
This position reports to the Co-Director, and manages three team members, plus several firms and consultants.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- 100% remote role
- 100% Employer Paid & Fully covered health insurance (with 50% cost-share for dependents)
- Three weeks of vacation, plus holidays and the last week of the calendar year off.
- Paid family/parental leave for up to 12 weeks
- Paid sick leave
- 401K after one year with retirement match
- Health care and dependent care FSA accounts
A LITTLE ABOUT US
ParentsTogether is a community of over 2.5 million parents and grandparents working together to make the world a better place for children and families.
We are a small-but-growing, nimble team innovating across platforms–from Facebook Messenger to TikTok–to provide timely, relevant content that matters to families. We also use those same channels to organize parents to speak out in favor of economic justice, pandemic relief, public education, affordable childcare, kids’ health, racial justice, protection for immigrant families, and other important priorities.
As an organization, we are collaborative and work to solve challenges together. We have a positive, low-ego, low-drama work culture. All of us love our work and are driven to help ParentsTogether succeed. Our strategy framework is based on lean startup principles. We try out ideas quickly, see what works, and iterate.
At ParentsTogether, we have an intersectional analysis and believe that building a multiracial, cross-class parent movement is non-negotiable. We are actively working to build a diverse team of staff and contractors; people of color, people from poor and working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply here or include the following info in an email to [email protected].
- Resume or CV
- A brief description of why you think you’d be successful in this role
- Why do you want to work for ParentsTogether?
Questions? Reach out to [email protected].
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- The Employer requests that you send an email to
Click Apply to open a new email. If an email isn't opened, please copy the email above,
create a new email and include "Refered by Incluzion" in the subject line.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!