When you join Pillar VC as our Marketing & Community Associate, you’ll help us connect with founders building the next generation of pillar companies in Boston. You’ll work with Pillar and our bio+tech program, Petri, sharing your perspective to help to elevate our marketing, community, events, and operations efforts.
This is a full-time position starting Summer 2021. Start date is flexible. We encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
Who We Are
Pillar is an early-stage venture firm co-founded by 22 CEOs who have built Boston’s most successful companies, including the leaders of Wayfair, Ginkgo Bioworks and DraftKings. We’re the first capital in for founders building the next-generation of pillar companies in our region, and we’re proud investors in companies like PillPack, Desktop Metal, Algorand, Hometap, Jellyfish and Asimov.
We started Pillar that if we align every incentive, every action and decision to realize mutual benefit, we will engender trust, and from that, achieve profound results. It’s that simple.
We’re experienced investors and operators, and collectively have over 50 years’ experience building and scaling companies. Together, we manage over $150M, and have supported over 45 founders who are moving technology, business, science, and Boston forward.
To learn more about Pillar, Petri, our Team, the Portfolio, our Founding CEOs, and how we support our companies, please click here.
Who You Are
- You’re a jack of all trades. You enjoy working on something different every day, and can flex your skills from email marketing to event planning to content creation.
- You’re relentlessly curious. You enjoy building new skills, and are constantly reading and learning about new topics, always absorbing information from the people around you.
- You’re a connector. You love meeting people and look forward to the chance to build new relationships.
- You’re a self-starter. You’re able to work independently developing new ideas, conducting research, and sharing what you learn with others.
- You’re organized. You run a tight ship, seamlessly keeping track of deadlines and projects. You thrive when you’re juggling many initiatives at once.
- You like moving fast. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are always ready for the next challenge.
- Identify leaders who are leaving a lasting impact on the Boston ecosystem, including future founders, senior leadership team members in Boston tech –– generally great people for our firm and our founders to know.
- Help Pillar plan and execute events to expand our community and build relationships with founders and thought leaders.
- Manage logistics for our Frequency program, helping future founders learn the fundamentals of company-building.
- Develop ideas and create content to share knowledge with founders through our Founder Playlist, social media and PR efforts.
- Own Pillar’s email marketing execution and marketing analytics.
How to Apply
Submit your application on our website.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!