Viaduct is seeking a Principal Full Stack Engineer (Java) for a company that helps simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers while increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and offering a positive customer experience.
- Take ownership of key projects.
- Maintain very high levels of product quality and regulatory compliance through the use of test automation, code coverage tools, documentation, thoroughness in design and implementation, following existing processes, and proposing improvements to processes as needed.
- Technical point person for technical and non-technical personnel inside the company, as well as externally to vendors and regulators.
- Provide leadership to outsourced technical personnel.
- Support the team in accomplishing all technical tasks, by understanding and fully utilizing existing frameworks and architecture.
- Propose new frameworks, 3rd party API, platforms, microservices, and architecture.
- Collaborate with other team members on choosing appropriate design patterns, coding conventions, and best practices.
- Organize existing code and plan future architecture to maximize code reuse across multiple product lines.
- Propose new libraries, frameworks, and tools to improve the quality of code and efficiency of the team
- Manage organization”s cloud-based infrastructure, including 3rd party services, SaaS, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Participate in various Agile meetings: Poker Planning, Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Iteration Review, and Retrospective.
- Estimate time for User Stories. Work with Module Owners to understand and, if needed, improve requirements. Work with QA to resolve defects. Complete User Stories to the satisfaction of Module and Product Owners.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- 5 years of software engineering experience
- 3 years experience in Java 1.6+
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Java 1.8
- Spring MVC
- PostgreSQL, Hibernate and other ORMs, Spring Data, and QueryDSL.
- Tomcat, Heroku, and AWS
- FICO Blaze and other Business Decision Servers, OutSystems
- REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of the Agile process and Test Driven Development
- Integration and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Experience in startup companies
- Authorship of independent projects
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.