The London LGBTQ+ Community Centre project islooking for an experienced Project Manager with an understanding of the development of community spaces.
This role is the first paid role at a grassroots community-based project the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre.
The Community Centre Development Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and developing the project to set up an LGBTQ+ community centre in London. You will be working with a board of trustees and a committed team of volunteers.
As the Community Centre Development Project Manager, you\’ll take a proactive approach to developing a community space from the ground up, overseeing research, ensuring diligence and leading the project\’s goal of becoming a bricks-and-mortar community space.
This varied and exciting role will be the backbone of the project, tying together every thread to ensure the project is healthy and focused.
The London LGBTQ+ Community Centre Project started as a grassroots project run by volunteers with the aim of setting up an LGBTQ+ community centre in London. The project has since secured backing from Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London, and has raised 100,000 to kick-start their work. They are in the process of applying for charity status and hope to complete this in early2021.
Your duties as the Community Centre Development Project Manager will include:
- Developing and coordinating a project plan that meets the goals of the project
- Monitor and evaluate project outcomes, produce regular case studies and evidence to demonstrate impact
- Prepare reports for funders and the senior leadership team
- Support the Board to plan and implement policies and procedures that deliver compliance with legislation, ensuring the safety of staff, service users and volunteers
- Manage project budgets and ensure that projects meet the aims and objectives
- Identify potential venues for the Centre to move into and develop bid documents
- Oversee research that engages the public to identify the purpose of the LGBT+ Community Centre in post Covid-19 London
- Collaborate with volunteer Project Leads, overseeing progress of their objectives
- Co-ordinating and logging project activities and outputs
- To work in a way that celebrates diversity and values each volunteer, staff member, stakeholder and service user
- Experience of planning and managing complex volunteer-led projects
- Proven track record of successfully launching and completing projects
- Significant and demonstrable project management experience
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating programmes and writing reports
- Good understanding of the LGBTQ+ community and the LGBTQ+ sector
- Friendly, warm, open and even-tempered – able to problem solve, cope with stressful situations and conflicting demands
- Great organisational skills, resilience and the ability to juggle a varied and busy workload
- Able to complete tasks to a high and accurate standard
- Strong communicator, innovative and solutions focused
- Flexible, adaptable and self-motivated
- Excellent team working skills and willingness to be responsive to changing needs
- Excellent administrative and IT skills in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Asana and Excel
- Able to build meaningful relationships with a variety of people both internally and externally
- Motivated by working for an organisation with a strong social purpose
- Experience of writing grant applications and funding bids
- Experience of developing a business or charity from concept up
- Prince2 qualified or equivalent industry experience
Deadline for Applications:Friday 31January at 17:00.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via the button below.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please let us know so we can make arrangements to suit your needs.