Zendesk’s Customer Success org advises and guides our wide array of Commercial & Enterprise customers as they adopt the key capabilities of our solutions. Digitization and transformation of their customer experience (CX) and achievement of their business goals is our primary focus. We ensure customers get fast-time-to-value, optimized and scale easily through impactful outcome-based engagements, passionate about earning customer loyalty. We work to understand a customers business and establish relationships with key partners to ensure we earn trusted advisor status over time.
The RVP, Customer Success, will lead our AMER based customer success teams who are responsible for making every customer in the portfolio successful which ultimately assures customer retention and lifetime value. This role reports directly to the VP, Global Customer Success & Renewals.
As a vital leader within our Success organization and within the broader AMER region, you will be authentic, compassionate, strategic-minded, pragmatic, organized, commercially-minded, dedicated, and inspirational as a mentor/coach. Passionate about helping our customers transform and optimize their CX, you will role model the ability to instill that knowledge and passion with the team.
Deep experience and interest in current and evolving customer experience and customer service trends will go a long way. This leader should care deeply about attracting high-quality talent to Zendesk and are passionate about developing the existing team and bench strength we have.
Who you are:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about best-practices in customer experience from direct experiences and through industry peers. A global approach and compassion for businesses and the challenges their customer support teams and administrators face.
- Comfortable working across the spectrum: from C-level executives and VPs to set strategy, through to front-line contributors who might be early in their CX career.
- Thrive on achieving goals and owning a book of business; inspiring the team and holding them accountable to outcomes and retaining and growing their customers.
- Lead by example and helping your talent grow in depth and breadth of skill. Cultivating their team’s passion and enabling them to take on increasingly important roles, both inside and across CX org.
- Partner across the Zendesk organization; especially with in-region cross-functional partners (i.e., Sales, Renewals, Advocacy, Operations). Ensure all parts of the organization maintain alignment and continue to evolve as we grow with a specific focus on product management, sales, and marketing.
- Prefer a fast-paced, high-growth learning environment.
- Able to innovate in rapid cycles and test solutions to learn what works, then feed insights into a long-term foundation to help drive scale.
- Quick learner with new programs and software; knowledge of the Zendesk product, Gainsight workflow automation (or comparable).
- Lead a large team (across North America) of Zendesk Customer Success team members who are each responsible for ensuring each customer in their portfolio is successful.
- Contribute as a key member of our global leadership team to align and expand on global strategy, in a way that balances regional needs with organizational simplicity and consistency.
- Forecasting churn/contraction for the region on a quarterly basis, and observing key trends to mitigate against churn/contraction. Hold the team accountable for engagement outcomes, churn/contraction targets and overall account growth.
- Ability to drive pragmatic, short term initiatives to deliver against a long term strategic vision.
- Build and develop a team environment that is customer-centric and encourages innovation.
- Hire, train, and mentor the team, such that they consistently set a standard for the experience they give our customers, are fulfilled by their work, and have a strong understanding and plan for their careers.
- Be a beacon to the team on customer service industry trends and participate in customer executive engagement and quarterly business reviews.
- Handle customer concerns in order to achieve and exceed quarterly churn and contraction targets with a focus on sharing lessons across the organization.
- Serve as an Executive Sponsor for strategic customers in the region.
- Proven leading in a high-growth, competitive SaaS business running Customer Success, ideally with a specialization in Enterprise (high or medium-touch) CS while still familiar with best-practice methods to scale.
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy ideal.
- Experience in a Customer Success leadership role having hired great talent and mentored teams. Ability to get the most out of their skills and experiences, while maintaining their love of Customer Success.
- A focused approach to meeting and exceeding churn/contraction, renewals, and net expansion goals and how best to incentivize the team.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% (should we return to a hybrid model combining remote work and some travel).
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled.
- Love for collaboration and commitment to building a best-in-class global customer experience together.
- Passion for customer service, and how digitization can transform businesses and be a key differentiator.
- Able to manage a P&L, budget-to-actual spend, hiring plans, and prepare and present QBRs.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in SanFrancisco, Zendeskhas operationsintheUnitedStates, Europe,Asia,Australia,and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out theZendesk Neighbor Foundationto learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and were proud of our ongoing efforts to fosterglobal diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’sCandidatePrivacyNoticeexplains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesks use of your personal information.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.zendesk.com.