Axios gets you smarter, faster, on news and information that matters.
Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native)
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Senior Mobile Engineer!
Why it Matters: Our Mobile Engineers are a critical part of our mission to deliver the cleanest, smartest, most efficient and trustworthy content to our users. You will architect and grow new and existing codebases, give technical input and feedback to Axios product and design teams for new features, and help develop the skills of your teammates with industry best practices around testing, accessibility, and documentation.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact on Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Help architect and build significant new features in the Axios mobile app
- Partner with Senior Mobile, Frontend and React Native engineers on the team
- Write clean, well-documented, and well-tested code using best practices for React and React Native development
- Collaborate with Axios platform, product, and design teams to ensure we quickly ship and iterate on high-quality products
- Debug and develop mobile platform-specific features on iOS and Android in a React Native codebase
- Mentor and coach members of the team through pair-programming and empathetic code review
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advise the team on best practices to implement
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios mission and have the following skills:
- Experience building large, high traffic frontend codebases in React Native
- Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
- Experience working on cross-functional teams is preferred
- Experience working on mobile performance and accessibility is preferred
- Experience debugging mobile applications on iOS and Android is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!