Posted on January 3, 2021
In this role, you will serve as a mentor to a newer group of product management team members who are eager to learn and evolve a two-year old department. The person in this role will help define what the future vision of Product Management and delivering value at Foundant look like. As a Senior Product Manager at Foundant, your role will be made up of many aspects. First and foremost is delivering value to our customers (internal and external) by defining, prioritizing and communicating the features, enhancements, upgrades and new products to be released. Youll need to understand our users and customers by measuring product usage, reviewing customer feedback and doing continual market research. Internally you will be an advocate for the product in cross-departmental meetings, representing and communicating the roadmap and product strategy. Your role will be required to travel (post covid) and evangelize for Foundant and our products. Finally, you will be a team player across the company, helping teams solve problems and find solutions to prevent these problems in the future.
DAY IN THE LIFE As a Senior Product Manager, your day may look like this:
– First thing, scan emails that came in overnight, or you didnt get to yet, prioritizing and responding.
– Morning meetings (standups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, crossdepartmental…etc.)
– One of the Alpha clients asked a question on our community forum. You jump in to answer and gather details to communicate to the team.
– You attend the weekly iteration meeting where the product team presents and discusses whats coming in the next iteration, in order to proactively communicate to the company.
– You lead an event storming session with engineers on a migration tool for the new product.
– A product team member has questions about planning a new feature. You help them break it down into stories for the engineers to groom.
– Marketing has a question about the Aplha and Beta timeline for our new product and what’s involved. You jump on a call to answer questions and keep them moving.
– You round out the day with other team members by discussing what were seeing in user metrics so we can communicate with the company the following week.
Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
Work with engineering and product to ensure high standards of reliability, quality, usability and measurements throughout each phase of product development
Work with engineering and product to ensure our products meet standards such as, but not limited to: Security, Accessibility and Localization.
Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end product
Work with senior management, clients and cross-functionally to create product plans and roadmaps
Coach product team members and help coordinate cross-functional teams
Produce and review product requirement documentation
Product Manager of our new product slated to launch in mid 2021
Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
In the future, work with a design team to produce prototypes as needed
Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
Develop KPIs to measure product effectiveness and issues
Develop ways to track product usage to ensure were hitting KPIs
Work with other departments to define, measure and plan based on company wide KPIs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous working experience as a Product Manager (3 Years)
Previous working experience as a Senior Product Manager (2 years)
Proven ability to work with team members across departments, with a focus on meeting organization goals
Exceptional customer satisfaction driven approach
Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
Attention to details
Experience in product lifecycle management
Familiarity with Agile framework
Creative thinking skills
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE :
In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
In-depth knowledge of nonprofits (e.g. accounting, fundraising, grant management, CRM needs, volunteer management, key stakeholder needs)
Subscribe to get Incluzion updates