Our team is growing because our user base is growing – 30% in the last year! Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building and owning backend services and infrastructure that serve millions of users around the world. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, work with the latest technologies, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and contribute to a one-of-a-kind app.
- Add and support new features in Grindr that will ship to over 15 million users
- Own the design and development of Grindrs application services in a stable and scalable microservices architecture
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to refine feature design and functionality
- Build for the future by designing and testing simple, elegant, maintainable software
- Optimize key pieces of Grindr’s platform using tools like Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and MySQL on AWS services
- Create innovation by guiding data-driven decisions to adopt new technologies, architectures, and workflow
- Ensure high availability of the Grindr platform through distributed systems and infrastructure engineering
- Help guide and mentor team members through pairing sessions and code reviews
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a Backend Software Engineer
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with Java 8 and asynchronous call execution
- Passionate about testing software and systems
- Experience designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience using AWS services (EC2, EKS, Route53)
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Experience deploying systems on Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch or RabbitMQ is a plus
- Experience with Erlang or Elixir is a plus
- Experience with Data Warehousing tools (Cloudera, Hive, Spark, Airflow) is a plus
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the worlds largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, were a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP – (In App) Each week we serve up freshly-juiced content highlighting user experiences, dating advice, grooming tips, queer pop culture & more.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. Were fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401k Match
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Office Daily Catered Lunch (when not working from home)
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer