We are recruiting for a Service Desk Manager on a permanent contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to further your experience in an IT Service Desk Manager role and would like to broaden your knowledge.
You will be part of our brilliant Service Delivery Team, providing leadership support to a team of Service Desk Analysts, Desktop Support Analysts, and Field Service Engineers. You will act as the point of escalation for issues arising within the Service Desk and liaise with other teams and management in order to provide solutions to incidents and requests from the customer base. Speaking of our business, Stagecoach is the largest provider of bus services in the UK with 24,000 employees and over 100 million passenger journeys a year.
The service desk manager will be responsible for accepting new services into support and ensuring all documentation and training has been completed to allow for a smooth handover from project teams into BAU support.
The role holder will bring technical skills (desirable but not essential), a strong customer-facing ethos, and communication skills to provide a high quality, cost-efficient service to the business. Network, Infrastructure, Application, Digital, Infosec and Service Delivery teams closely support the Service Desk.
To put a little more meat on the bones in terms of what you’ll be doing
- Leadership and day-to-day management of the Service Desk team, including holiday, shift rota, and HR issues.
- Takes day-to-day responsibility for the support of I.T. systems for the provision of effective support service to customers.
- Ensure support issues are correctly categorized, prioritized, and completed to assist Incident management, problem management, and provide accurate data for reporting.
- Deliver technical documentation and knowledge base articles, including frequently asked questions to aid knowledge sharing, to agreed standards.
- Completing hands-on fixes, such as installing and upgrading software.
- Follows the best practice of the ITIL Service Management process framework, focusing on Incident, Request, Change, and Problem Management.
Here comes the what well need from you bit
- Proven experience in managing a Service Desk and people management
- Proven analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Knowledge of supporting users in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment, MS Office 365 & Windows 10.
- Use of industry-standard service desk tools to provide incident management, request fulfillment, and problem management in a controlled and structured way.
- Youll enjoy working as part of a busy and dynamic team, as well as prepared to use your own initiative.
- Youll need to have strong communication skills.
And that’s it! So if you like the sound of joining our team click Apply Now. We cant wait to receive your application!
To apply for this job please visit isw.changeworknow.co.uk.