Website Smashing Boxes
At Smashing Boxes, Software Architects manage all aspects of technical projects, delivers solutions to complex technical problems, ensures the quality of technical deliverables and leads scrum and agile efforts among product teams. Software Architect’s identify technical impacts and risks as they relate to product requirements. They propose and implement solutions to technical constraints as well as provide guidance for escalated issues, and anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle. They develop effective schedules and suggest action items that still need to be completed to successfully deliver on the project and product goals.
An effective Software Architect fully groks a Client’s vision and works closely with product teams to turn it into reality.
A Software Architect might also conduct research, gather information, provide estimates, interpret data, and then help plan and architect solutions. In the end, all outcomes are focused to deliver the best possible experience for our clients, all while maintaining best practices in product and software development.
We have a few core requirements, they are:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent); Master of Science degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 5+ years of project and/or project management along with experience leading scrum and agile methodologies; PMI, scrum or other certifications preferred.
- Locally based or willing to relocate – in house position
We want you if you’re good at:
- Leading in Agile environments – both scrum and kanban
- Proven experience as a technical software architect including experience with CI/CD (and related tools), tier 1 cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience working in startup environments, particularly in software development
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product / marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to management.
Even better if you:
- Detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture
- Able to contribute beyond just coding (code reviews, demos, proof of concept solutions)
- Love learning and mentoring
- Experienced with implementing solutions with a team.
- Ability to define and set expectations.
- Excellent problem-solving ability, including an ability to tackle difficult large-scale problems
- Proven experience overseeing personnel, fostering collaboration across disciplines and departments and managing the daily challenges of a technical environment.
- Success demonstrating a high degree of adaptability in learning new software / technologies and implementing solutions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate to technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
Creativity and innovation are fueled by a little R&R. We value work-life balance above all else and bake it right in with benefits like:
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday off!)
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued your first year, 20 days after three years, and 25 days after five
We are a family and families take care of each other. We prove it with benefits like:
- Health and dental coverage with 100% of employee premiums paid by Smashing Boxes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid bonding leave for new parents
- Flexible work schedule including work from home options
Plus we’ve got all the basics covered; and then some:
- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Coffee, snacks, beer on tap from local breweries
- Ongoing learning opportunities and support
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!