Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and Messaging its biggest product. To keep pace with the growing data and new ways to work with it we need strong Engineers that can create innovative solutions.
Who?Twilio's Messaging Postflight team is looking for a strong Java/Scala Engineer to scale and operate a platform of powerful, scalable, reliable and high performance data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product team, and external customers.
You should be a skilled Software Engineer with the following qualifications:
- Coding. Expert level coding skills with Java/Scala. Your first instinct to a problem is to solve using code and automate manual steps.
- Architecture/Design. You have a strong understanding of distributed systems and experience of developing on at least one of them.
- Database. In-depth understanding and hands-on experience working with relational databases such as MySQL/Postgres/Oracle. Experience working with a NoSQL technology is a big plus.
- Cloud. Hands-on in at least one cloud platform: GCC, AWS, or Azure.
- Education. Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Additionally, you have a minimum of 2+ years of practical experience in software development and distributed systems.
A great day would look like designing and developing elegant and highly scalable solutions to problems of managing multi terabytes of data, fronted with a highly available and responsive Rest API guaranteeing 99.999% SLA.
- You will work within a team to contribute towards breaking down of a problem and design solutions.
- Implement the solutions using your deep Java/Scala/Python understanding and experience.
- Put into practice, fundamentals of distributed systems, to design new systems and keep the existing systems based on Kafka/S3/MySQL humming.
- Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint
- You will have great opportunities to learn from highly experienced colleagues and get exposure to several Bigdata technologies, to shape your career.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.Salary:
$90,752 – $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
$79,408 – $99,260
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilios benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. Its likely that you dont think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of lifes moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.