INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW
Who We Are
Sphero inspires the creators of tomorrow through remarkably cool, programmable robots, electronic building blocks, and educational tools that transform the way kids learn and create through coding, science, music, and the arts. Sphero goes #BeyondCode and drives kids to turn their imagination into reality. The skills students unlock through play-based learning prepare them to thrive, no matter what subject or career they pursue. With presence in Boulder, CO and Greenville, TX, Sphero has become the #1 STEAM-based learning solutions company, loved by millions of parents, kids, and educators worldwide.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You’ll Do
If you share our passion for inspiring the creators of tomorrow and are always driving to improve processes, then you may be the Product Manager, Hardware we are searching for. We are looking for a candidate who provides cross-functional support of all technical and go to market aspects of product development with a focus on hardware. They will work with cross-functional leadership to define product features and roadmaps, define schedules and manage deliverables to marketing, sales, content and operations. They will work directly with the engineering teams to assess technology feasibility, define schedules and execute on project development. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product and Content.
- Manage a product portfolio, which contains two or more products.
- Lead product initiation efforts and product brief and specification creation.
- Oversee end-to-end product lifecycle, from product initiation through launch and end of life.
- Owner of the bill of materials for your product lines, while working closely with engineering teams and manufacturers to track components, costs and changes.
- Responsible for product timelines and risk mitigation by estimating effort and task duration, managing budget and communicating this to all team members.
- Define product features and inform product roadmap based on current product portfolio and company business drivers.
- Strategically prioritize development features and tasks across marketing, engineering and design efforts.
- Work with all engineering disciplines to drive issues to completion.
- Work with the Operations Team to address quality and support issues.
- Work alongside software product managers to ensure hardware products in development have a software and content story.
- Support marketing to define go to market strategy, act as a defacto product marketing expert for your assigned products.
- Report and present status directly to leadership at the executive level.
- 5-8 years experience in engineering design, product or project management.
- Have brought a minimum of 3 hardware products to market.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, user experience and product direction, both written and verbally, including in presentations and technical documents.
- A deep understanding of product lifecycle management and the handling of hardware through its stages of life; development and introduction, growth, maturity/stability, and decline.
- Experience directly working with manufacturing teams and suppliers to bring a product to production and building a go to market plan with relevant stakeholders.
- Rigorous attention to detail through evidence of strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Extremely disciplined and organized approach to product and project management evidenced through maintaining a PLM system.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a technical environment.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
Nices to Haves
- PMI/PMP training.
- Experience using a PLM system such as Agile and similar tools like SmartSheets, Jira, Trello, or other.
- Experience working directly with CMs on pricing and parts.
- Experience in an electronic toy or education company.
- Passion for education and the K-12 market.
This is your opportunity to impact the STEM education and computer science revolution with an inspired, fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you’re interested in bringing your unique talent to support our mission, please send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $90,000 – $110,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Benefits: Sphero offers 100% paid medical plan (buy up plan available), dental and vision insurance; short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D insurance, FSA, HSA (with HDHP medical plan), 401(k) plan, stock options, unlimited PTO, 4 day work weeks, ability to work remotely, paid parental leave, education reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, and a technology benefit.
We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!