INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW
Who We Are
Sphero inspires the creators of tomorrow through remarkably cool, programmable robots, electronic building blocks, and educational tools that transform the way kids learn and create through coding, science, music, and the arts. Sphero goes #BeyondCode and drives kids to turn their imagination into reality. The skills students unlock through play-based learning prepare them to thrive, no matter what subject or career they pursue. With presence in Boulder, CO and Greenville, TX, Sphero has become the #1 STEAM-based learning solutions company, loved by millions of parents, kids, and educators worldwide.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You’ll Do
- Roll up your sleeves and dig into the day-to-day accounting transactions including preparation and posting of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and other general accounting duties.
- Participate in formalized month-end close procedures including prepaid expenses, accruals, allocations, and reconciliations to assure accurate and timely completion.
- Responsible for performing inventory analysis, involving all aspects of inventory accounting, including, but not limited to: analysis of system to 3PL and manufacturer variances, inventory reserve calculations, performing related account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledger, including monthly depreciation and review of new assets for compliance with capitalization policy
- Analyze and review all Sales and Use Tax Reports and Returns for submission.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules and reports required by external auditors in connection with the audit of the Company’s annual financial statements.
- Support the accounting team in developing and maintaining policies, while working to identify opportunities for process improvements and automation.
- Perform Direct Sales reconciliation, to ensure all transactions from the Company’s e-commerce store are properly recorded within the accounting system.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles and capable of performing technical accounting research, as needed.
- Advanced in Excel functionality with areas including but not limited to: journal entries, analysis, and financial reporting.
- Attention to detail to ensure numbers balance while reviewing data. Able to identify discrepancies and errors.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize and navigate electronic file systems.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and manage multiple tasks on own in a remote environment.
- Ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimal oversight while in a remote team environment.
- Willingness to jump in and help as needed.
- Thoughtfully passionate about our values.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Avalara or other sales and use tax platforms.
- Working experience in NetSuite and related add-ons.
- Experience with merchant processing and e-commerce platforms – specifically Shopify.
This is your opportunity to impact the STEM education and computer science revolution with an inspired, fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you’re interested in bringing your unique talent to support our mission, please send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $55,000 – $60,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
Benefits: Sphero offers 100% paid medical plan (buy up plan available), dental and vision insurance; short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D insurance, FSA, HSA (with HDHP medical plan), 401(k) plan, stock options, unlimited PTO, 4 day work weeks, ability to work remotely, paid parental leave, education reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, and a technology benefit.
We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!