SOMOS is a new, yet-to-launch food brand re-envisioning Mexican cuisine in the US with a focus on authenticity, convenience and sustainability.
SOMOS is WHO WE ARE: A group of three friends who grew up in Mexico eating chilaquiles, cooking tacos, and loving our mothers homemade cooking. When we came to the United States, we enjoyed meeting up with friends at great Mexican restaurants but were disappointed with the options available for creating authentic Mexican meals at home. Since then, we have been cooking up the idea for SOMOS, ready-to-eat farm-to-table foods that honor Mexicos rich culinary traditions and celebrate the cultural vitality of modern Mexico.
We are committed to giving back to the people and earth that allow us to create and enjoy delicious meals together with you. We send our products directly to you with minimal, recyclable packaging to minimize waste and emissions from transportation. We consider ourselves a farm-to-table-to-farm brand, which means that we put a percentage of our profits from every SOMOS meal you purchase towards developing sustainable farming practices among the family farms we partner with in Mexico.
What youll do. As one of the first hires at SOMOS, you will be an essential member of this entrepreneurial, founding team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for building, launching, running, and growing the DTC business. Additionally, you will lead our growth marketing strategy with a data-driven and goal-oriented mindset. You will build our customer base through the optimization of our paid marketing efforts, managing channels both in-house and via agency partners. This will entail building eCommerce channel from scratch, developing and executing paid and organic growth marketing strategies to acquire new customers, overseeing the development of the website, and implementing best in class customer experience and retention practices.
And this is how you will do it.
- Build, launch and run the SOMOS DTC business
- Engage and partner with external resources to build a user friendly SOMOS website to reflect the SOMOS brand and mission, adhering to budget and time constraints
- Constantly improve site experience through experimentation and learnings
- Launch the SOMOS DTC business in Q3 2021
- Implement best in class practices to ensure a positive consumer experience
- Build and manage a highly effective team to develop and scale the DTC business
- Track and report on metrics, goals, and KPIs to measure business outcomes and achieve growth expectations
- Develop and execute paid and organic growth marketing strategies to acquire and retain customers with rigorous adherence to CAC and LTV goals
- Maximize efficiency and scale on paid social, paid search, affiliate, and influencer marketing
- Own all performance metrics; monitor and analyze them to drive decision making around budget allocations, pacing and forecasts
- Manage agency relationships, ensuring superior performance and hustle; continue to evaluate the balance between agencies and in-house channel management
- Create a rigorous A/B testing strategy across channels so that were always learning and finding new wins
- Partner with creative resources to develop effective assets for both performance and awareness campaigns
- Partner with with Product and Engineering resources to maximize site conversion
- Identify trends, insights, and opportunities to continuously find new channels and maximize advertising ROI
- Entrepreneurial; accountable for your results and how those are achieved
- Able to multi task and manage multiple priorities
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team
- An analytical thinker
- Persistent in overcoming and removing obstacles that impact goal achievement
- A people manager who leads with kindness, transparency and integrity
- Already built a DTC business from the ground up
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Performance marketing expertise (Facebook, Instagram, Google)
- Deep familiarity with measuring traffic, funnel metrics and order behavior
- Experience with ESPs (e.g. Klayvio, Salesforce, etc).
- Experience with Google Analytics and AdWords
- Affiliate marketing experience
- Experience building and managing effective teams
- Fulfillment experience
- Retention marketing experience
- Food industry experience
- Experience managing a subscription program
- Competitive compensation, including equity in SOMOS!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Remote work optionality
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your familys needs
- Casual office dress code
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and kind culture
- The opportunity to be a part of building an innovative, mission driven company from the ground up
At SOMOS, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. SOMOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!