Website The Atlantic
The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
Atlantic Re:think is The Atlantic’s in-house branded content studio. The team creates ambitious, award-winning storytelling programs for the world’s leading brands. Atlantic Re:think is looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join the team for 6 months as a short term employee with the potential to become a permanent full time position.
**All applications must submit a portfolio link or links to a minimum of 3 samples of work**
- Writing and editing branded content—articles, infographics, video, and podcast scripts, etc.—on subjects ranging from technology, science, and finance to health, culture, and social responsibility
- Researching, brainstorming, and developing pitches for content ideas and programs
- Writing clever and compelling headlines, deks, tweets, Facebook posts, and other types of display copy
- Conducting interviews and desk-side research for article development
- Copyediting and fact-checking
- Participating in conversations with clients about — and ultimately helping to lead — complex, multi-platform branded content programs
- Managing and editing freelancers, as needed
- Collaborating with internal marketing and sales partners, as well as other members of the Re:think team, to brainstorm ideas and oversee content execution
The ideal candidate:
- Has 5-7 years of experience as a writer and editor
- Is comfortable producing content for a range of platforms, including print, the web, mobile, and social
- Has a deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience
- Has an intense interest in the emerging media landscape, from native advertising and branded content to data-driven journalism and social media
- Matches a creative, innovative, experimental sensibility with high editorial standards and attention to detail
- Has a journalistic sensibility that fits Atlantic values: intelligent, fair, accurate, fast, curious, provocative, inclusive
- Can work within a team and operate independently
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!