Building a bright and just future for U.S. agriculture.
Young Farmers seeks a Graphic and Web Designer to support our national communications, publications, social media outreach, and website management. We are looking for a talented and creative designer to help us share the stories of young farmers, particularly farmers of color, with the general public, policy makers, funders, and consumers, through fresh and innovative graphic design and branding. The Designer will also help us manage our website, youngfarmers.org, and ideally will also have web development and basic coding experience. The most successful candidate will be organized, comfortable managing several workstreams, efficient, and full of ideas and enthusiasm to help build Young Farmers’ online identity and impact. This position is part-time, with the possibility of becoming a full-time position.
Graphic Design (65%)
- Develop a creative and cohesive brand identity for Young Farmers’ materials, including color palette, font preferences, and design themes
- Design compelling reports, policy one pagers, presentation decks, templates, and other materials for Young Farmers programs, projects, and campaigns
- Partner with Young Farmers staff to design strategic, engaging graphics, branding, and identity materials to support Young Farmers’ campaigns–including social media, one-pagers, petitions, and postcards–to meet 2021 strategic and internal equity goals
Website Management (20%)
- Oversee the design, user experience, and SEO of Young Farmers’ websites to improve content management and promote the organization’s mission and programs
- Work with Communications Director to build new webpages, post blogs, and make other updates and edits to youngfarmers.org as needed
- Facilitate website maintenance and troubleshoot any site issues with web development consultants
- Coordinate with program staff to keep youngfarmers.org equity and program pages up-to-date
- Work with grassroots team to maintain active actions on youngfarmers.org
- Assist in management of Young Farmers merchandise and e-commerce site as needed
Stakeholder Engagement (10%)
- Coordinate design revisions with staff in a timely manner to meet project deadlines
Liaise with illustrators and consultants on major projects
- Organize and manage Young Farmers photo library and design folders in Dropbox
The successful candidate will offer:
- Excellent design skill with strong eye for refined typography
- Experience with page layouts and formatting for reports and one pagers
- Strong working knowledge and skill in Adobe creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) and MS Office suite
- Strong working knowledge of web design using WordPress
- Experience with graphic design for social media, digital media, and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain organizational and project brands across all platforms and materials
- A demonstrated commitment to racial equity in the workplace
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Highly organized, comfortable managing several workstreams
The ideal candidate may also have:
- Knowledge of agricultural issues, programs, and policies
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Illustration, fine arts, or other creative skills or experience
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in graphic design, communications, marketing, web development, or other relevant subject
- Farming or ranching experience
Please send a cover letter, graphic design portfolio, and a one-page resume to [email protected] by March 31, 2021. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Please put “Graphic and Web Designer” in the subject line. No calls, please.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!