At Unreasonable, we believe entrepreneurs building rapidly scalable businesses are our best bet for solving the world’s most significant social and environmental challenges of our time. Every day, our team strives to provide entrepreneurs an unfair advantage. We do this by connecting them with the networks of mentors, investors, business leaders, and policy makers they need to scale their businesses.
We are now seeking an Associate of Venture Selection who will report to the Director of Venture and Portfolio Strategy (the “Director”), and work collaboratively with the Venture Selection Team (“VST”) in curating a global portfolio of impactful and scalable ventures. The VST is charged with the sourcing, vetting, and selecting of ventures; the maintenance and growth of an ecosystem of investors, accelerators, and other supporting entities as a pipeline for deal flow; and representing the venture selection interests of Unreasonable via thought leadership, research analysis, and participation in external-facing events. Venture selection is the fuel and drive of Unreasonable — we exist to support our entrepreneurs and their ventures. This role is designed to refine that fuel and ensure the ventures we induct into the Fellowship are among the best suited to achieve scale and success in both business and impact.
For this position, we’re looking for someone with clear and thorough written and verbal communication skills, strong research and analytical skills and confidence in working with entrepreneurs and investment funds. This is an exciting, multi-faceted role balancing a variety of responsibilities, working closely with the Director to guide best practice in VST origination and diligence. This position will work across American, European, and Asian time zones.
- Execute on the VST due diligence process (commercial, operational, financial, management team and impact analysis) for prospective ventures.
- Take ownership of data collection, data tracking and ensuring adherence to new diligence processes by the greater team.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research across industries, technologies and geographies to determine the most effective and scalable solutions for VST.
- Own the preparation of venture diligence memos and brief the Director for presentation to Investment Committee / Venture Selection Committee.
- Conduct interview/exploratory calls with potential ventures and be confident leading critical diligence calls.
- Utilize your network to garner introductions to potential ventures.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
- You are an intellectually curious problem solver, you think strategically about ventures, their competitive advantages and core value propositions
- You have strong cross cultural and interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully approach, build trust and relationships, and negotiate across multiple cultures, markets, communities, and leadership levels
- You have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a senior level, in both verbal and written forms, with strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain both internal and external relationships
- You are equally happy doing diligence, market sizing and deep dives as you are interfacing with founders
- You are at ease when you can dive deep into detail and research an industry, technology or business
- You always follow up and follow through on time
- You are never the person who says, “That’s not my job”
- You believe that when work is done well, magic is in the details
- You are what we would refer to as a GyShiDo Master
- As you read about Unreasonable’s core values, you get more and more excited with each value you come across.
- Proven track record of performing commercial and operational due diligence in a venture or general deal environment.
- Strong network within the venture community is preferred.
- Prior venture capital, investment banking, or management consulting experience is nice but is not required.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!